Chapala.com Webboard

Car towing

Some yahoo has parked their car halfway across my driveway so I can't get my car out. Neighbors don't know who it belongs to. I suppose I need to get the jerk towed. Does anyone know or have numbers for someone that does that in central Ajijic and who pays for that? Me or the thoughtless car owner?

Someone I know uses this approach:  large note placed on windshield of offender in Spanish and English

"It is now (current time).  If your car blocking by driveway is still here at (10 or 15 minutes later)I am calling Transisto to have it towed."

And then, does it.

Cautionary note for those who are seeking real estate for rent or sale:  During high season, the worst comes out in those looking for parking.  Try to avoid the parking side of the street on one way streets.

Transito is part of government; they will not charge you.  If they determine the car is illegally parked, they will have it towed.  

I never got that far....I put a note on the car and waited out the goober who parked in front of my driveway (near LCS back then).  I did leave a note on the car saying I would call Transito the next time and that I had taken  a photo of their car with license tag (I recommend you do this also).  They never parked there again.  We did not have to go anywhere that day; they moved their car in about 2 hours.  

I would have called Transito had they done it again, or if we needed to move our car.  

Thank you for the replies. They did come back and moved the car so it is no longer across my driveway but now I have my guns in order.  It is not uncommon for someone to park across my drive but we usually know where the car owner is and can go wake them from their nap or visit with mom.

I lived at 6 Corners for a year.  I had a deal with the owner of the shop across the street from my garage.  He could park in front of my garage during business hours and if I needed out, I'd walk across the street and have him move his truck until I got out.  When I got back, I'd beep and he'd move his truck so I could get in.

It worked out great.  He had a place to park during the day to take stuff into his store and I had a watchman that watched my house.

No one else could park there because it was already taken.

i am on Juarez just north of Hidalgo.mThere is a small store across from me and they park in my drive all the time to unload orders for the stores but they are always very respectful and move if I need to get out. It's the people who park there and then disappear that are bothersome.

Parking has always been a problem, especially during snowbird season and it is getting worse.  A decade ago, there were half the cars there are now.  

I had a friend who was here 40 years ago.  There were two cars in town.  Parking was not a problem

Archived