Chapala.com Webboard

Brisas de Chapala

ibarra

We went to Telmex Wednesday to complain, again, about our internet speed. Many of our neighbors were getting 10 while we had a max speed of 2.4.  They (Angelica and Oscar) told us by getting a new phone number and an adjustment to the connection box at our house, we could get 10. We agreed, they completed their paperwork and told us a repair person would come in 5 to 7 days. They actually came the next day. Made adjustments and left within 10 minutes. After a half an hour we were at 8.6. Starting yesterday we have been consistently near 10.

Just wanted to let people in Brias de Chapala and perhaps Chapala Haciendas know about this.

They made you get a new phone number? Definitely overkill. I recommend in future people call tech support in Mexico City and save a lot of hassle. Here in Ajijic we have a TelMex office that on one hand tells people there are no lines available in highly-populated areas, and yet happily switch out phone numbers in other areas. Duh.

I'm sure there's an easy answer.   Maybe simply a matter of lines available from the closest junction box.   I heard fibre optics now installed in C.H. so download times much greater.  Maybe the new phone triggered a connection to this service.  

Archived