Chapala.com Webboard

Flu symptoms

Be aware that the flu bugs here are very different than up north, many are bacterial.  I have been sicker and more often here than in the rest of my life put together and have had to take a scary amount of antibiotics as well as good natural remedies.  There is also a lot more dengue here now since the weather is gradually getting consistently hotter every year, the the dengue mosquito now thrives here.  However, dengue is seasonal, mostly during and after the rainy season when mosquitos breed. Lots of people were sick around here last year with that.  It didn't use to exist in the higher altitudes.

3 hours ago, ezpz said:

Be aware that the flu bugs here are very different than up north, many are bacterial.  I have been sicker and more often here than in the rest of my life put together and have had to take a scary amount of antibiotics ...

Very true in my experience. If not diagnosed as a bacterial lung infection and treated it will linger on for several weeks. Check your temperature often to see if it is high at times.

Archived