Chapala.com Webboard

Has Anyone Used Costco.com.mx For Large Items?

Has anyone used Costco.com.mx for major kitchen appliances (stoves, fridges, dishwashers, etc?   I can't remember what they stock in their Guadalajara stores, but recall they don't offer delivery to Ajijic (correct me if that's incorrect).   Yes I know there is a local Costco delivery service (we used Don and Jim years ago), but worry about having a 3rd party deliver high priced items in case of damage in transit.  

Costco's online price on a full kitchen appliance looks good; we will also check with Tio Sams (from whom we've bought in the past), but I'm not sure they can meet Costco's online prices.  

I understand that the Costco.com.mx price includes delivery to the front door.  We can work with that if the price is substantially less than Tio Sams. 

This is the appliance set I'm looking at: http://www.costco.com.mx/view/p/ge-cocina-integral-refrigerador-lavavajillas-estufa-campana-y-microondas-640002

• 1 month later...

No.  Worried about delivery issues.  Such as return/replacement if needed; getting heavy items into the house (Costco.com.mx says delivery is to outside door).  

Will go to Tio Sams with a printout of Costco's price for a 5 piece set (fridge/stove/dishwasher/exhaust fan/microwave) and see if I can get a competitive price for all 5 pieces.  

We bought a fridge from Tio Sams in 2010 and it was defective (never powered up) and they replaced it promptly; we also ordered a door reversal kit for it and they were pretty quick on that, too.  

Haven't started shopping yet, but wondering if anyone who's bought kitchen appliances from Tio Sam's can do a comparison to what they paid there vs. the prices on Costco.com.mx's site??  

Haven't compared prices since there are so many different brands and model numbers. But Tio Sam's has always been fair on prices and good on service. 

• 4 weeks later...

Update:  

The discount at Tio Sam's for a kitchen set (stove, fridge and d/w) was pretty close to Costco online's pricing.  And of course they will deliver and remove old appliances.  While Costco.com delivers, it's boilerplate says they deliver to your door only, and nothing about removing old appliances. 

We bought from Tio Sam's back in 2008 and found them to have good service and their selections were better than I remembered, including a lot of high end kitchen faucets/sinks. 

3 hours ago, Bisbee Gal said:

Update:  

The discount at Tio Sam's for a kitchen set (stove, fridge and d/w) was pretty close to Costco online's pricing.  And of course they will deliver and remove old appliances.  While Costco.com delivers, it's boilerplate says they deliver to your door only, and nothing about removing old appliances. 

We bought from Tio Sam's back in 2008 and found them to have good service and their selections were better than I remembered, including a lot of high end kitchen faucets/sinks. 

We are looking for a new refrigerator. If you google the model number you will find all the stores that sell the model you want. We found the lowest price at Best Buy and Claudia, the manager of Tio Sams here said she would match it. Also did the same thing on a Weber BBQ a number of years ago. Found it at Costco and took a photo with the price. Claudia matched it less 500 pesos. Just ask.

Archived