Chapala.com Webboard

LimeAway and CLR

Some years back I bought a very inexpensive Mexican product: a spray "lime off" kind of clone of CLR. None of these products work like the magic in the commercials when it comes to showers, but the LimeAway definitely works better than CLR and it cost then less than 20p. We all know how much CLR costs here. That store is gone, and the regalos Luz off the plaza in Ajijic has nothing like it. My question is, have any of y'all found such a product around here? Around here.

Yes, here is the suggestion, put the vinegar in a bowl and dip into the bowl full-sized sheets of heavy duty paper towel.  Put them onto the shower doors, just like wallpaper, over lapping the edges. Have at the ready a spray bottle full of vinegar.  Some will tell you to dilute it - but its so cheap why bother.  Spray the sheets on their surfaces to keep them wet moist.  I prefer leaving them on the door longer than 30 minutes because then
I am guaranteed results and I don't like to do this too often.   Then scrub down the surface with the paper towels, rinse with the vinegar straight, again, and then with clear water - voia clean shower doors.  I usually clean up the edges into the metal door hinges etc  with a razor blade from the paint section.  I buy them in packs of 100 or so.  They get a lot of grime out of tight places.

You used to be able to buy Lime Away at SuperLake.  I've also seen it at the "Dollar Store" on the south side of Ajijic Plaza.

I haven't bought it in a couple of years so I have no idea if they still carry it.

Honestly, vinegar works on some things some of the time, and not others. Otherwise we'd all be using it.

On a side note, checked at the shop you mention, jrm, on Saturday and they had no lime-type products at all... this time, anyway.

14 hours ago, congodog said:

I recently bought CLR at Superlake.

The thing is, the Mexican product is less than a fifth of the price of CLR. And in fact, for shower minerals, it works better!

I guess I've got that wrong. Don't have the bottle with me... perhaps it's LIMEOFF, not Lime Away. Yes, Superlake has Lime Away, but it is a US product and very expensive. Even more so than CLR. My stuff is Mexican branded, under 20p when I got it last. Apologies.

Archived