Chapala.com Webboard

Home rental Agencies

quigley

We are considering putting our house on the rental market for the summer.  We are uncertain which company to go with, however.

We have considered Jorge at Hernandez, Paty at Chapala Realty as well as Continental rentals.  Does anyone have any recommendations?

I currently have my house in Chapala up for rent, managed by Jorge at Hernandez Realty, and I reccomend him, he has 20 yrs experience in the market and has an "eye" for good and reliable tenants.

We have rented through Access Lake Chapala Realty for the last 2 years and have found them to be very attentive and professional...at least from the tenants' side.  Very nice young men, Mario -owner, Ramon and Alex....they are on lower Colon.

Mirna at Ajijic Rentals has been doing an excellent job for my place for the past five years. She is pleasant, and forthright when it comes to dealing with contractors. Over the years, she has weeded out the less-qualified contractors, too. She also is open to my suggestions. I never have to wait long when I have a requirement.

2 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

Mirna at Ajijic Rentals has been doing an excellent job for my place for the past five years. She is pleasant, and forthright when it comes to dealing with contractors. Over the years, she has weeded out the less-qualified contractors, too. She also is open to my suggestions. I never have to wait long when I have a requirement.

Can you indicated the fees charged for their services?

Sorry, forgot to add: It would appear most agencies charge about $500p/month to the owner, or some percentage of the rent. But I am only going on what I "hear", because the agent for me has no reason to disclose that information. However, if you rent a place yourself, you obviously save that. On the other hand, you lose the convenience of a rental management office, which can be worth its weight in gold.

Archived