Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

Where to file with Labor Department


Recommended Posts

Our maid has been working for an individual that is a snow bird but has not returned this year and has not paid them.  She can not get this person to email her back about this problem.  The snowbird's house is for sale so I told her to file a complaint with the labor board but she doesn't know where to do this.  Does anyone know what the name of the government agency is and if there is an office located in Chapala or will she need to go to Guadalajara? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/11/2017 at 0:14 PM, gimpychimp said:

Tell her to go to the realtor who has the listing and register for her severance pay when it sells.  Maybe he or she can explain the situation.  The snowbird might have died and the kids are selling the house.  Who knows?


That's a good start. Also, there is a local office of "Sindicato Confederación de Trabajadores" in Chapala. I don't know how to reach them, but pretty sure she can get the answer at City Hall, and they will certainly do right by her.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...