Chapala.com Webboard

Illegal immigrants in Mexico

geeser

3 hours ago, geeser said:

Yep, The article came out on March 7th mid day and I posted it on March 7th. I did not and do not know that it was "debunked" and it certainly had not been debunked when I posted it. Take a look at it and tell me why it was debunked when it was posted. HER

Are you saying the Excelsior article is not true? http://www.excelsior.com.mx/nacional/2017/02/28/1149157

I saw no clue that it was not true, but then I just reported the article and I stand by NO mexican article as being infailable.

When and where does it say it isn't true?

Geeser, for heaven's sake.  Did I say that I thought it wasn't true?  I said that I read ON ANOTHER WEBSITE that the article had been debunked.  You asked if I had read the article you posted on the 7th.  Yes, of course I read it, that's how I knew that it was the same article that I saw ON ANOTHER WEBSITE that had been debunked.  If I can remember what the other website was, I will post a link to the note there.  

I posted a link to the Excelsior website which showed no evidence over the last 30 days of the article ever having been published there.  Did you look at the link I posted?  Did you see evidence that the article was there?  I understand that you keep posting the link from a week ago, but the Excelsior website no longer shows the article.

As I said, if I can think of the website where I read that the article isn't true, I'll post it here.  

The original post was a discussion about "Illegal Immigrants in Mexico".  Unfortunately the discussion has deteriorated to be about US citizens here illegally only.  While it is true there are likely a bunch of US citizens living here illegally (without proper immigration documentation), there probably are many other categories that make up the total big number.

1. Children of illegal Mexican immigrants to the US who were born in the US and came back to Mexico as children without any Mexican paperwork.

2. Aliens (non-Mexican citizens) who came into Mexico on visitor's visas who never left.  This could include entries at land crossings on both the northern AND southern borders as well as coastal ports of entry. 

3. Some of these could be the so-called "economic" immigrants coming in from Latin American countries to the south .

4. Migrants from Africa, Middle East, etc. ultimately seeking refugee status in the US and Canada who have arrived in Mexico on the way to somewhere else and are stuck here.

There are probably a few more categories to consider but I can't think of them.

Archived