Chapala.com Webboard

Need Neurologist Recommendation

My wife, Arleen, has been having some headaches and other neurological symptoms recently.  We are returning to Lakeside this Wednesday and would love to make an appointment with a local or Guadalajara neurologist during this break in our time in La Manzanilla.  A recommendation for a really good brain doc or doctora would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Nuerologist Dr. Fonseca comes to Quality Care as needed.  Call the office and Letty, the really great receptionist, can tell you when he can come.  The office number is 766-1870.  His cell number was/is 331-013-5390.  Quality Care is on the libramiento in Plaza Interlago, just past the Pemex station.

My husband was a patient of Dr. Fonseca for some time. Also, through Quality Care, he became a patient of neurologist Dr. Rubin Cardenas. For my husband, he was the better physician. Lety can give you his contact numbers. You'll have to see him in Guadalajara. He speaks good English and is very attentive.

Lexy

You will need what is called in Mexico a "Clinical" Neurologist. Dr. Fonseca is a wonderful doctor, but he is mainly a neuro surgeon. Quality care is trying to attract a Clinical Neurologist to Lakeside - but so far no luck. Clinical Neurologists are in short supply because many of them choose to enter R&D/research corporate employment, drawing very high salaries.

• 4 months later...
17 minutes ago, CHILLIN said:

Quality Care found a Clinical Neurologist who comes to the clinic on Saturday mornings. He used to practise in CDMX, but has recently relocated to Guadalajara.

That would be Dr. Miguel Angel Valle - a very nice young man who I am seeing and feel comfortable with.

Archived