Chapala.com Webboard

U S Passport

1 hour ago, texmextwo said:

Just noticed my US Passport expires tomorrow!!!  What can I do about this here in Mexico?

Quickest way to renew is to go to the US Consulate office in Guadalajara. They do walk in renewals Monday - Thursday 2pm-245pm. 

You have a few options, you can wait until the consulate comes again lakeside on April 5 and renew and then pick it up from them on May 15 or you can go to the US Consulate in Guadalajara Monday through Thursday 2pm to 2.40pm or if you really cannot go or are disabled we can help and turn it in, if you renew at consulate you usually receive renewal in 2 to 3 weeks at your home via Fedex. 

It's not like you are going to lose your citizenship just because your passport expires, so no big panic.

I think in 9 years, I've need mine about 10 times.  I used to need it for immigration but now have a Permanente card so that is  gone.  Think I need it for a drivers license every 4 years and I think I had to show it for an INAPAM and Seguro Popular.

They will let you back into the US, no problem.

If you go to Guad, you will have it back in 3 weeks, if you go to the LCS or American Legion, it is back in about 4 weeks.

Or if you are going to the states, you can get it expedited while there in 3-5 days

Unless you are desperate to get your passport why would you pay Spencer or anyone to do it for you...? 

If you do it yourself at the legion it can be pleasant experience having a nice breakfast while waiting and getting to chat with some different expat's you may even meet one from your home town...

Archived