Chapala.com Webboard

Fly Guad to Juarez, Taxi to El Paso?

Has anyone flown from here to Juarez and then taken a taxi from the Juarez airport across the border and into El Paso? I know you can take a taxi to the border and walk across, but would like to know if there are any taxi options that can take you to El Paso. I'd appreciate any details if anyone has done this.

Yes there are Many that will take you into El Paso.

Many people fly in to Juarez from other Mexican Cities and then taxi to El Paso Airport to fly to American Cities.

And vice versa.

look for the larger cabs Like the Ford Crown Victoria's not the little tzuras (the little yellow ones here), or what ever the name is . You will probably see El Paso cabs waiting to see if they can catch a fare back to U.S.

There are some shuttles also.

FYI

I've done the Same in TJ.

But cheaper using the trolleys.

And they now have expanded the TJ airport with a bridge to cross to the San Diego airport. Two airports in Two Countries that are connected. That's how close TJ and SD are. But there is a fee. It was I think 28 dollars???

I'm trying to cross with my dog. I'm hiring a driver to Nuevo Laredo. Once I get there. I'm renting a car in Laredo and crossing back over to get my dog and luggage. Does anyone have any ideas that might be better? Maybe a better border crossing? I just chose Nuevo Laredo because it was closer. Plan B would be hiring a driver to cross. And Nuevo Laredo seemed like it had more options 

"And they now have expanded the TJ airport with a bridge to cross to the San Diego airport. Two airports in Two Countries that are connected. That's how close TJ and SD are. But there is a fee. It was I think 28 dollars???"

As pappysmarket has pointed out, your comment about the TJ and San Diego airports being connected is not accurate. Yes, there is a new "access walk-way bridge crossing, complete with customs" right across from TJ into the US at Otay Mesa, it is 15-20 miles from there to the San Diego airport which is 'right downtown'.

There is, at Otay, transportation to anywhere in San Diego.

I've checked with enterprise. They allow you to cross the border and you must get Mexican insurance before you cross. I checked online and also called the rental agency in Laredo to confirm. Seems like a daily thing. 

Mexico insurance is required to drive into Mexico, and must be purchased from a location on the border prior to entering Mexico. Renters must be at least 25 years old and have a credit card in their name to be eligible. Discover credit cards are not accepted. Renters must present a valid passport. Renters with a Mexican passport must also provide proof of legal U.S. residency. The Mexico insurance price depends on the type of vehicle rented: $32.00 per day for Economy through Full Size cars and $37.00 per day for all other vehicles.

On 3/2/2017 at 10:22 PM, pappysmarket said:

The crossing is nowhere near the SD airport.

Wow. I didn't mean to write airport to airport. Don't know what I was thinking. I talked about the SY trolley to downtown and then bus to SD airport. Haha haha that would be a long bridge rivaling the Chesapeake bay....

Meant to convey that the two cities were that close....

Sorry about that. Thanks for catching it.

Still can't believe I wrote airport to airport....

On 3/2/2017 at 7:33 PM, oasiscloud said:

Has anyone flown from here to Juarez and then taken a taxi from the Juarez airport across the border and into El Paso? I know you can take a taxi to the border and walk across, but would like to know if there are any taxi options that can take you to El Paso. I'd appreciate any details if anyone has done this.

http://amigoshuttle.info/

Archived