Chapala.com Webboard

For those complaining about Dee's services, they might want to compare the cost of boarding at her place with the same service in the U.S. Whereas most places in the states charge thirty dollars or more a day, Dee charges the dollar equivalent of about ten U.S. dollars.   Dee does not put her customers' dogs outside for hours at a time unless requested by the owner. She does not take in more dogs than she can adequately handle and while all rooms might not have a window, they are clean, the dogs are cared for as though they were her own,  and if the dogs could talk, they would tell their owners how well Dee takes care of them. 

8 minutes ago, senoradecasa said:

For those complaining about Dee's services, they might want to compare the cost of boarding at her place with the same service in the U.S. Whereas most places in the states charge thirty dollars or more a day, Dee charges the dollar equivalent of about ten U.S. dollars.   Dee does not put her customers' dogs outside for hours at a time unless requested by the owner. She does not take in more dogs than she can adequately handle and while all rooms might not have a window, they are clean, the dogs are cared for as though they were her own,  and if the dogs could talk, they would tell their owners how well Dee takes care of them. 

Problem with that logic is we are not in the USA. If comparing it must be to like establishments, which would be something in Mexico.

I also get tired of hearing what it would cost in the States  What is important is how our furry family is treated when we have to leave them in someone else care.

I would expect the provider to give me an honest description of how my dogs will be treated so I can decide if it is up to my standards Promising one thing and delivery less is dishonest whatever the excuse and costs involved.

You need to see your dogs when you are not there at Dee's Pet Hotel.

I have.

I visit Lakeside about once a year, and have the privilege of being Dee's brother.

Dee has had an understanding with animals ever since she was a young child. They know she cares, and she is the one in charge. She is top dog.

I have seen Dee's Pet Hotel and her loyal base of customers grow over the years.

Dee has introduced me to your pets when you are not there:

The shy, skittish ones that need their own time before getting ready to be friendly.
The brash, overexcited ones that need a firm hand, 
The ones that just want to love you to death.
The ones that are inconsolable because they miss you.

I always felt a little guilty that I got to meet your dogs when you weren't there, but knew they were in good hands with Dee.

I live in England where, unlike Lakeside, there are strict specifications and regulations for pet care. I have not used a kennel in England that is as properly managed as Dee's Pet Hotel. 

If you are unkind to animals in England, you ultimately report to Queen Elizabeth II. The Queen is the patron of RSPCA, The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. I think Dee and the Queen would get along just fine. They both like dogs better than people.

I am biased. I also know what I have seen with my own eyes; your pets and the professional care for them at Dee's Pet Hotel.

George Roberts

22 Church Close
Milford
United Kingdom

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 6:23 PM, sue said:

I also get tired of hearing what it would cost in the States  What is important is how our furry family is treated when we have to leave them in someone else care.

I would expect the provider to give me an honest description of how my dogs will be treated so I can decide if it is up to my standards Promising one thing and delivery less is dishonest whatever the excuse and costs involved.

I've been on both sides of the counter, as both an owner and a customer. No, this isn't what I've used in the States, but it has been a better experience. My dogs are not "traumatized" when they return. They actually get excited when they see where they're at when we arrive. THAT'S the standard that I use. They're fed; they're secure; they're happy. Anything else is just icing on the cake.

Archived