Chapala.com Webboard

Dr. Mireles

ned small

1 hour ago, HookEmHorns said:

One thing, among many, that I have learned in almost 18 years of living in Mexico, is that Marches, Protests, etc., have no significant effect on anything in Mexico. How quickly the Country forgets the Injustices here and readily moves on. :(

How about those revolutions?  Don't they count?:huh:

40 minutes ago, HookEmHorns said:

No, don't count. None happened in my 18 years here that I referred to. Maybe in your time. :)

Right.  I'm 200 years old.  What you learned in your time may have no application to the unrest brewing right now. 

Are you aware of the situation that put Dr. Mireles and his movement on the front pages: the government's response and how the movement is, in itself, a revolution in an enviroment where the people (who had been disarmed by the government) fought back against the cartels who have been taking over?  There's quite a story surrounding Dr. Mireles.  According to a friend who just returned from staying in the area, Dr. Mireles is still in jail and is receiving treatment for his chronic illness. 

23 minutes ago, HookEmHorns said:

Yep, followed Dr. Mireles from the beginning, and as always, the government finally quiets things down by whatever means necessary(like putting him and others in prison on fake charges) and the reports become few and far between, and everything goes back to SOP. What's new? Mexico changes, but Mexico never changes. It's sad what happened to the Dr. and others, but they expected it all along.

I honestly wish I could be so certain about Mexico's present and future.  "never changes"?  We shall see, and probably soon.

17 hours ago, gringal said:

Right.  I'm 200 years old.  What you learned in your time may have no application to the unrest brewing right now. 

Are you aware of the situation that put Dr. Mireles and his movement on the front pages: the government's response and how the movement is, in itself, a revolution in an enviroment where the people (who had been disarmed by the government) fought back against the cartels who have been taking over?  There's quite a story surrounding Dr. Mireles.  According to a friend who just returned from staying in the area, Dr. Mireles is still in jail and is receiving treatment for his chronic illness. 

Among other things they don't give him his Insulin as needed nor the diet required for a diabetic so among other problems now, he has developed dangerous arrhythmias according to the correction in borderland beat.

This Mireles character has a long and sordid history. He once spent three years in a Mexican prison for trafficking drugs and was later convicted of practicing medicine without a license in California. He is currently facing some very serious charges. He was arrested for possessing fully automatic assault weapons reserved exclusively for use by the military. He is also implicated in the murder of five rival vigilantes, including a 13-year-old. He's been locked up in a maximum-security prison for over two-and-a-half years. Obviously, his diabetes is being treated by prison doctors...or he would be dead. His complaints about the quality of prison food are understandable, but probably receive no more consideration by prison authorities than the similar complaints by "El Chapo" Guzman.

Borderland Beat is not a legitimate or reliable news source. Their misinterpretation of a figurative statement about Mireles being dead kinda proves that. Borderland Beat is simply an internet blog, which has been disseminating fake news for quite some time.

I sorta agree, don't know quite what to make of this guy.  I don't trust the government one bit but as Alex notes he has a pretty checkered history.  As far as the guns go I can't blame the guy for trying to have a semblance of the firepower the bad guys do.

Dr. Mireles is a hero and his treatment since he became a political prisoner is a disgrace.  Many, many people are following his legal case and supporting the plea for his immediate release.  

The real criminals in Michoacán were released from custody years ago while Dr. Mireles lies closer and closer to death.  

• 2 weeks later...
On March 7, 2017 at 6:42 PM, More Liana said:

Dr. Mireles is a hero and his treatment since he became a political prisoner is a disgrace.  Many, many people are following his legal case and supporting the plea for his immediate release.  

The real criminals in Michoacán were released from custody years ago while Dr. Mireles lies closer and closer to death.  

And look at what he accomplished.  The Autodefensas under his leadership almost completely cleared Michoacan of narco control!  Most of the State was returning to normal with safety in the streets and people returning to nightly social activities in towns such as Nueva Italia and Apatzingan where evening activity had been abandoned for years because of the danger.  At the height of his success, the government goes after him on gun charges and fabricated drug charges.  This is the greatest argument for proof of collusion between the Narcos and State and Federal governments.  As he became a real threat to Narco power, government stepped in to nip him in the bud and shut him down.  Nothing could be more convenient for the Mexican government that he die in prison.

This is certainly a travesty and Mexico should be deeply ashamed for the conduct of it's government. 

• 1 month later...

Archived