Chapala.com Webboard

US Consulate Notarial Services

Thank you Yo1,

They responded in a timely manner.  

"Each notarial service costs $50 USD per seal.  (1,050 pesos.)

Checks be made out to "United States Disbursing Officer" or they will not be accepted for payment.  The Banamex branch is located at the following address:

Av. Fracisco I Madero 222

Col. Centro, 45900 Chapala, Jal., Mexico

If you have not gone to a US consulate  be aware security is very very strong.  For example no bringing any electronics inside including key fobs.  Big sign where you go in explains. Across the street you can rent a locker or you can do what we do is I stay outside with all my wifes forbidden stuff.  . You can have documents notarized at LCS or the American Legion once a month when the consulate comes down. 

• 1 month later...
On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 2:26 PM, mexicomoose said:

There is also a lady here at lakeside who can notarize US documents, however, she's a notary of Minnesota. She only charges 300 pesos, and she said that most the time the MN notary is accepted and not challenged, even when other US addresses are on the document. If it is challenged, all you have to do is say that you were visiting someone in Minnesota when you got the document and got it done there. I'm going to give it a go because it's MEGA easier and cheaper than the US Consulate. I'll report back on how it goes.

Her info is:

Deleted by Moderator per request of the lady you recommended

Moderator5

You're kidding I assume.

Would be a good post for Saturday if you still celebrate that April 1 day.

4 hours ago, pappysmarket said:

You're kidding I assume.

Would be a good post for Saturday if you still celebrate that April 1 day.

Har har har. No, I'm actually flying up to Minnesota to have it done. SCOUT'S HONOR!! Here's news pappy, no one will be the wiser as to WHERE the notary stamp was actually applied. That is of course unless some goody, goody like you gets all righteously indignant and tries to blow the whistle. Otherwise, you feel "free" to go be bent over and pay the US Consulate's $50 ransom for the same service. Sheez.  

11 hours ago, mexicomoose said:

Har har har. No, I'm actually flying up to Minnesota to have it done. SCOUT'S HONOR!! Here's news pappy, no one will be the wiser as to WHERE the notary stamp was actually applied. That is of course unless some goody, goody like you gets all righteously indignant and tries to blow the whistle. Otherwise, you feel "free" to go be bent over and pay the US Consulate's $50 ransom for the same service. Sheez.  

No but you could have the transaction voided depending on the circumstances.  It says right on all Notary Forms where it is signed in most states.  Sheez yourself. Also it is 50/dollars per signature so two signatures costs a hundred bucks at the US consulate and many forms have more than one signature.  I get my info from my wife who was a Mobile Notary, real estate broker and a lawyer.  We pay the money to be sure and you can do whatever you want.  Maybe remote signing are legal and maybe they are not but you are not going to find out with legal advice from this board.  Yep the charge at the consulate is ridiculous especially charging for each signature.  It especially bothers me we can't use a mexican notary even when international law says we should be able.   Just went through all this with a county in Cali over a real estate transaction.  It was US consulate or go to Cali with no other choices.  They just can't be bothered to follow the law.  

Archived