Chapala.com Webboard

Recommendation for Immigration Lawyers Not Spencer's

IMBurnen

If you need help with Immigration, Temporal or Permanente, I suggest you go straight to immigration in Chapala.  There are 2 young women that speak perfect English, are very kind, and can help you.  In July, my Temporal expired, I still do not have the renewal, mostly due to a facilitator that didn't know what they were doing. Be very careful, the process does not have to be as complicated as some people make it.  Good luck!

3 hours ago, pattya119 said:

If you need help with Immigration, Temporal or Permanente, I suggest you go straight to immigration in Chapala.  There are 2 young women that speak perfect English, are very kind, and can help you.  In July, my Temporal expired, I still do not have the renewal, mostly due to a facilitator that didn't know what they were doing. Be very careful, the process does not have to be as complicated as some people make it.  Good luck!

That's very true it is a simple process,,But you have to go to INM wait in line for your name to be called.. And many times it can be a long wait 2 hours or more..get the forms fill them in Spanish.. Take them back to INM wait in line again hopeing you done it correctly, if you have you get the form to take to the bank, go to the bank pay, get a receipt go back to INM wait in line give them the receipt, wait for a phone call or email telling you to come in for fingerprints..go to INM  wait in line.. Get your prints taken.. Then go back to pick up your card...

It very time consuming,  For me it was worth paying Veronica at LCS to do all the leg work for me...

Very?  I try to be middle of the road.  Please ask for referrals wherever you go, there are many attorneys that take money and mess things up or do nothing at all, ask around and you can avoid those and the new scammers who always seems to arrive.  Im not cheap and dont want to be the cheapest but neither the most expensive but also have an office (same location I own and have had office for over 6 years), employees (all with families), pay taxes and have an unhealthy amount of postgraduate law courses so that service is second to none and mistakes are few and if an authority gets out of line have the law license and experience to file suit and fight and not cower away or accept. 

You can do stuff yourself if it is simple and straightforward but many times people dont know if there are any quirks in their file or potential problems, CANJE is easy and renewal easy if you can stomach the paperwork and waiting.  If presenting documents, bank stmts or translations someone really should review things to avoid fines and problems.

Plus if for family unity you need to be careful of names matching up exactly or know how to present evidence and invoke caselaw or else be subject to rejection, more documents or expenses.

On 2/24/2017 at 10:21 AM, IMBurnen said:

Anyone very happy with the immigration work their lawyer has done for them? Thanks.

I don't do not know what issue you have with Spencer, but I think that was unfair.

If you hadn't mentioned his name, I think you would have had a lot of recommendations. 

But the biggest problem I have with your post is that Spencer gives us updates and advises people for FREE on this web board. He doesn't say "come to my office" and will discuss it ( for a fee).

I did not take the OP's "not Spencer's" as an indictment of Spencer but rather reaching out to ask about others who provide immigration services. And that is exactly what he/she got for several Posts. Nothing wrong with that IMO.

25 minutes ago, Newjersey expat said:

I don't do not know what issue you have with Spencer, but I think that was unfair.

If you hadn't mentioned his name, I think you would have had a lot of recommendations. 

But the biggest problem I have with your post is that Spencer gives us updates and advises people for FREE on this web board. He doesn't say "come to my office" and will discuss it ( for a fee).

As Spencer as replied to the post I feel everyone has the right to comment on Spencer..

There is nothing wrong saying what you don't want or who you don't want to hire.

Dont fool yourself that he is doing it for free, he is trolling this board for business, just look at the times he replies to a post "Come to my office we can help you".

Advertising is not always in your face... Sometimes it's very subtle.  

Yes, I have 2 small children to feed as well as employees, the free advice is in the hopes of avoiding hassles for the majority, I hope very few people need me for serious issues.  If someone needs something then the door is open, Im not a charity and in the past week alone paid almost $40,000 pesos in postgraduate courses so return on investment would be nice. 

" Don't fool yourself that he is doing it for free...."

OK, not fooled!  Never was. Also don't consider it 'trolling' but we all have our opinions, and my opinion is that Spencer shares a great deal of information on these Boards that he doesn't have to share. If that is trolling, then I like being trolled.

3 hours ago, Intercasa said:

Yes, I have 2 small children to feed as well as employees, the free advice is in the hopes of avoiding hassles for the majority, I hope very few people need me for serious issues.  If someone needs something then the door is open, Im not a charity and in the past week alone paid almost $40,000 pesos in postgraduate courses so return on investment would be nice. 

You have had a bad couple of days on this board! Spencer bashing. I have read everything you post , all the updates to rules you post , the answers to the posts with immigration questions. I appreciate what I have learned. I do not want to take any chances I will see you when I get there in May. I worked with and for attorneys for years , when it comes to law only a fool represents himself . Thank You

Spencer provides all of us with much free advice.  How often do we see posts where people ask him to chime in with an answer - does he get any recompense for his professional advice in these situations - no.  I, for one, am happy to use his services when I need them and am very appreciative of all the help he and the people in  his office provide expats.  Thank you Spencer for all you do and the information you freely provide.  Like Rick S I like being trolled - keep it  up Spencer.

3 hours ago, Intercasa said:

I'm not a charity and in the past week alone paid almost $40,000 pesos in postgraduate courses so return on investment would be nice. 

Hope these courses pull in some work more lucrative than immigration. Notoriously difficult area to make a buck, or I should say peso. Patents always seemed quite lucrative, companies who wish to protect their patents and trademarks in Mexico and Latin America. Also, along the same lines, licensing the use of names for products, restaurant chains, etc. These legal firms are making a fortune in China.

Archived