Chapala.com Webboard

What happened to Monte Cristo west of town?

sm1mex

From the FB post

Announcement from Tomas & Dolores Oviedo, excited owners of this new restaurant opening March 5th!
It's a beautiful Sunday! Next Sunday March 5th we will be opening our doors at the "SMOKE HOUSE Restaurant and Bar for the first time here in Mexico. We welcome all March 5th from 8 am -8pm ! The Smoke House is located at #520A West Ajijic; right beside La Huerta Plaza where the organic market is held on Tuesdays. We're right on the main carretera! You can't miss us! Looking forward on seeing you all!

On 3/1/2017 at 2:51 PM, artsnob said:

We will not go and chance it, until we see the menue...

Aww, c'mon, be adventurous!  You can always go in, check out the menu right there, and if there's nothing that appeals to you, you leave.  Not a big problem!  Life is too short to not have adventure!

And of course that's what this board is for: so nobody ever has to actually do anything physical beyond typing a question.

Now, as far as checking out restaurants, I don't include myself in that group; rather, I think of that as a special set of guineau pigs that do the testing for me. That's different than being lazy: that's just good economics. Then I will get up off my couch and proclaim "their opinion has no taste, and I will judge for myself", and go anyway.

Supposed to open this weekend.  Hopefully not the all too common rocky start.  We'll let this one mellow a bit and see what the folks here think about it.

We use CG's approach.  We don't eat out often enough that we want to ruin our night out by patronizing places that significant numbers here are not impressed with.  There are several reviewers in particular here whose tastes seem to closely mirror our own.

5 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

You are right DC - it could be a hookah bar, I think there are three of them in Guadalajara now.

It could be. Except the owners say, ... we will be opening our doors at the "SMOKE HOUSE Restaurant and Bar," not "SMOKE HOUSE Hookah Bar."  

• 3 weeks later...

Archived