Chapala.com Webboard

Temporary Housing- Any Suggestions

Denise

My husband will be coming down to Lake Chapala, at the end of March. He will be looking for a place for us to rent and preparing everything for our permanent move, I will be joining him the first week of June. While he is looking for a place for us to rent he will be needing a place to stay. Can anyone suggest some places that he can stay, while looking? Short term rental or maybe a B&B ? Something reasonable and reasonable means under $700 a month because we will be paying bills in both places, until I join him. I appreciate any help and suggestions. He is flying down, so no vehicle, but is not opposed to public transportation, if readily accessible. This is a fact finding mission (LOL) so some place not to remote, but town choice is open as long as he can get around and explore.

Pequeño Hotel Chapala (listed on Homeaway AKA VRBO) if wanting to be Chapala based is one decent idea. Nice people!

Elaine at Ajijic Suites is also an idea but may be fully booked. Worth checking with her. Make sure to have something in hand before the crowds descend for the two weeks of Easter. 

16 hours ago, Denise said:

My husband will be coming down to Lake Chapala, at the end of March. He will be looking for a place for us to rent and preparing everything for our permanent move, I will be joining him the first week of June. While he is looking for a place for us to rent he will be needing a place to stay. Can anyone suggest some places that he can stay, while looking? Short term rental or maybe a B&B ? Something reasonable and reasonable means under $700 a month because we will be paying bills in both places, until I join him. I appreciate any help and suggestions. He is flying down, so no vehicle, but is not opposed to public transportation, if readily accessible. This is a fact finding mission (LOL) so some place not to remote, but town choice is open as long as he can get around and explore.

If you aren't under a deadline, you may want to delay your husband's fact-finding trip until late May.  

Easter is 4/16 this year; the entire week before is Semana Santa and it's a madhouse everywhere in MX.  The week after Easter is Semana Pascua and still pretty busy.  Plus, many seasonal renters stay thru mid or late April, so it may be hard to view available rentals until they leave.

We have used vrbo (aka Homeaway) and always had great results.  Have used airbnb in Europe but not MX, but never a bad experience with them either.

Contact Tom at Hotel Perico hotelperico.com.mx. It is one of the more economical places to stay. He would need a car there, but Tom may have a vehicle that he can rent along with the room that is within budget. It won't be all that easy looking for a rental without a vehicle anyway.

15 hours ago, Islander said:

Or am I in error?

YOU are in error. Reread her post, as she was only talking about those assholes here, and not all of us. She is not seeking help from those assholes, just the rest of us that don't fit the description. I expect, as it usually happens here, that some she referred to will try and take this off track from those of us who want to assist her. :(

There are apartments (monthly) near the American Legion in Chapala (Pensando En Ti) nice and reasonable. Also, there are apartments at the COW, on the main street. Lots to select from in Chapala, and closer to $300-$400 a month. Also, ask at the American Legion, they have a bulletin Board and people are eager to help. No need for reservations.

• 1 month later...

Archived