Chapala.com Webboard

Unfair Policies Against Foreigners

Intercasa

10 minutes ago, bettys said:

Open borders are the gateways for drug cartels, human trafficking, & terrorists. The reason why the politicans want this is because of bribes & payoffs. The gangs distribute the product on the street, its business. This is why the police in some cities will not cooperate with these deportations. The second reason is the corporations want cheap labor. The other reason is the refugee industry. The contractors make a fortune from this. Meanwhile it costs the tax payers 25 billion in California per year alone. These people have to be taken care of.  Ninty percent of the mainstream media is owned by the six transnational corporations. Now you know why they double down on this hemispheric borderless society. This is a dangerous position especially in santuary cities. Releasing felons into the population is reality. A silly song you heard in highschool is not real life. I wonder why the average Joeblow on these forums have hystrionic meltdowns about this?  Maybe it is the media drumming the same beat. After all they know where their money is coming from. funfact: bill clinton lost the popular vote as well. He also wanted a controlled border. Our POTUS is fighting the cartels, the media, the corps. He riskes his life for his principals as JFK did. How this has anything to do with gays, KKK, phobias, emails, mods, & other unrelated rhetoric is beyound me.

Oh my!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only citizens in the US who benefit from a borderless society are the elites. The US was almost on its way to be like Europe. Our POTUS is the Churchill of our time. He is our Gert Wilders. If we were like Holland or UK or France we would need about 5-7 more million more migrants. Then the fun would begin. There was never a solid aurgument from Mexico about why there is a double standard. Its all those feel good slogans about building bridges and all this sence of entitlement. Why can't they let all Americans cross the border? No one has confronted the politicans or journalists.

This has gone far enough, I bid you adieu - but apparently you don't know what that means.

I will no longer tread on Chapala.com's good nature and accommodation. And so, if you want to continue this offline, you can PM, if you want to have lunch the next time you're NOB, I'm available without reservation, do not project all of your moral insecurities, your  moral paranoia onto me, you will fail, I am available to explain to you why.

5 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

Well Giltner - you must be looking at history with Texas Blue Bonnet glasses. The original settlers of what is now Texas were immigrants, German. The Mexican government of the day offered them free land, as long as they obeyed the Mexican Constitution. The next group, I believe 300 families arrived because of a smooth talking business man. I don't think he told them about the Mexican Constitution deal, he probably sold them land which he got for free. Then a big problem - these farmers were unable to run their farms without slaves, slavery is illegal under the Mexican Constitution (actually Queen Isabella of Spain banned slavery in all the "new world" sometime in the 1500's). The Texans started the country of Texas - seizing vast tracts of land. Mexico had no choice but to go to war. The Texans declared they were liberating the Mexicans in Texas from a cruel, diabolical tyrant. This was to help the Mexican/Texans to pursue happiness, in a free world. Sound familiar? Mexico = once bitten - twice shy.

Give us a break, you know squat about Texas except how to spell its name (probably looked that up). This is all Fake News. Get a life and mind your own business sometime. Geez. Louise !

1 hour ago, mudgirl said:

What if States rights leads to each state invoking its own immigration policy? "Oh, you're from Texas? Sorry, we don't let Texans cross into New Mexico. You'll have to try scaling the wall."

Try to engage your brain before you respond sometimes, ok?

8 hours ago, RVGRINGO said:

e Absolutely correct; it is dislike in this instance, but the difference is moot. The present point is that I objected to being insulted by Dan, with false assumptions, using Chapala.com to do so, whether or not he might just happen to be a participant on the board to which he refers.  I have taken Dan‘s advice and sent a copy of the missive to the owner and to the administrator of this board, in hopes that they will take appropriate measures to help restore this webboard to the helpful & freiendly site that it once was, and on which I have participated since way back in the days of dial-up.  It distresses me to see so many regular posters leaving, and to note the decline in new interest.  The flavor has changed for the worse in recent years & old-timers are quite aware of the cause.

Yes, we have been gone from Chapala for just over 2 years and miss it terribly, as it is home to me, having lived there longer than any other single place in my almost 80 years. Infirmities, including a current fight with cancer, have forced us north to use our eligibility for VA Hospital and Medicare, as multiple hospitalizations and surgeries in Guadalajara were depleting our resources.  That said, we remain interested and in contact with our friends and that will continue.

Cruel and insulting statements, public or private, were definitely not welcome; particularly now.

And, I object to being insulted by you sometimes, but I don't cry about it. False assumptions, matter of opinion, but you seem to make those about many people here also. I agree, maybe the owner will restore the Board to the point before you started attacking posters here, and were just giving suggestions and advice that was beneficial to all, before you moved away and began hating your life where you are now and taking it out on many people here and anyone that seems to still feel that the US is a worthwhile country. It distresses me to see many posters becoming turned off by your new found ranting and raving. I'm sorry that your illness has progressed and you do not get to live out your life in your chosen form of happiness. I know you have indeed earned that opportunity, but life just is often not fair to well deserving people..

Cruel and insulting statements, public or private, are  definitely not welcome here by you, nor anyone else. Again, often the truth hurts, and you should bear that in mind. I wish you well, RV.

2 hours ago, mudgirl said:

I see giltner68 didn't answer El Menudo's request for explanation on how he and his partner fit into g68's new normal world, just accepted the lunch invite.

Read what he said. Geez, Louise ! YES, he did !!! Wake up !!! Let your meds kick in before you post, and many here will be a lot happier. especially you. LOL

Mudgirl, It would'nt be a party unless we invited ISIS & the gays.  Who can keep up with the new fangled hipsters here? After all, its now a multisex oneworld transnational transmuslim inclusive intersectional shindig. There, I said it. Did i get it right? I have seen the same TV shows as you have. Yes, i see the the new York Times. Yes, I hear you Hollywood. They tell me how to think. I disobey. Truth to be told, I profile all day. If i dont like the waiter i will sit in another section. Dont like the way you look? i will change my seat on the plane. Discrimination all the way. No questions asked. Taxi driver looks shifty? I pass. What nerve to do this in Mexico? Sue me. Now thats a rise for the 4th Reich.

Slavery was an element in Texas secession but it was not the only factor.  

Here is a discussion of all the factors from what appears to me to be a credible source:

http://www.u-s-history.com/pages/h306.html

For example:

At first, the settlers were content to live under Mexican rule, but several events helped to incline Texan minds toward independence:

1. In 1831, Mexico abolished slavery, following the lead of most western nations. This loss of unpaid labor, if actually enforced in Tejas, would have been a severe blow to the region's emerging cotton economy. It also reminded many transplanted citizens of the tolerant official view of slavery held by the United States.

2. The Mexican government, recognizing its diminished control in Tejas, abolished immigration. The residents there, who had friends and relatives in the United States, were outraged.

3. As a further means to loosen the ties between the U.S. and Tejas, Mexico enacted heavy duties on the importation of foreign goods.

4. In 1833, General Antonio López de Santa Anna came to power in Mexico, pledging to consolidate power and strengthen national unity. The rise of a Mexican nationalist was viewed with alarm in the north, where the Texans preferred to continue their near autonomy, and perhaps eventual independence.

I've noted in previous posts the core problem for Mexico vis a vis the southwest was that it simply didn't populate it with enough Mexicans to hold it.

By the early 1830s, transplanted Americans, many of them slave owners, outnumbered the Tejanos; the Mexican government soon understood that it had committed a great error by encouraging the migration of U.S. citizens with a hankering for independence.

11 minutes ago, bettys said:

Mudgirl, It would'nt be a party unless we invited ISIS & the gays.  Who can keep up with the new fangled hipsters here? After all, its now a multisex oneworld transnational transmuslim inclusive intersectional shindig. There, I said it. Did i get it right? I have seen the same TV shows as you have. Yes, i see the the new York Times. Yes, I hear you Hollywood. They tell me how to think. I disobey. Truth to be told, I profile all day. If i dont like the waiter i will sit in another section. Dont like the way you look? i will change my seat on the plane. Discrimination all the way. No questions asked. Taxi driver looks shifty? I pass. What nerve to do this in Mexico? Sue me. Now thats a rise for the 4th Reich.

Aren't you just special.  And hateful too.  Have many friends?

11 minutes ago, bettys said:

RV, if you do not live here, why would Chapala.com care about your opinons? If Mexico is so wonderful why dont you come back here? Some nerve of you to think the US may have a better health system! I have a terrific dr. No complaints.

I predict that your days on this board are limited.  RV is well respected and one of many posters who no longer reside in the area.  How dare you insult his need to take the best care on his health that he can and to take advantage of the VA benefits he earned by serving his country.  Shame on you!

Just now, El Menudo said:

I predict that your days on this board are limited.  RV is well respected and one of many posters who no longer reside in the area.  How dare you insult his need to take the best care on his health that he can and to take advantage of the VA benefits he earned by serving his country.  Shame on you!

RV was respected, but now is a bitter person and is losing credibility with each post.

12 hours ago, ned small said:

LA VOZ has a nice little article about this "positive" experience for expats from USA,Canada,England,Columbia and Venezuela.

Do you mean Columbia River?  Or perhaps you mean Colombia, a country in South America.  Or did you just accidentally misspell the name?

RV is anti American. Why does he live in a racist nation when he can be in paradise? Does paradise not meet his high medical standards? Its fine for me. My internist here is excellent. RV could have had Mexican insurance. He would be helping a Mexican company. There is also the public hospital and IMSS. Thats the least he can do to show graditude for his host nation. Not good enough? Now it's convenient for him to be an American? Hes proud of "serving"? He has not lived here for years but gives advice which is not usually acurate. He insults a mod who could easily ban him but has unlimited patience.

19 minutes ago, El Menudo said:

I thought the same thing.  She has learned to use capital letters and punctuation though.

That leaves bennie2 out then. :)

Archived