Chapala.com Webboard

Unfair Policies Against Foreigners

Intercasa

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Ferret said:

Naw Hud, it makes you gullible 'cuz you bought it hook, line and sinker from a con man. He's not FOR you, he's for himself and always has been.

Anyway, I'm off to bed. Have a good evening everyone.

Well, I can tell you that EVERYTHING he has done in the first month has been exactly what he was elected to do. You may not like how he does it, but we expect him to continue with OUR agenda and we see no slowing down. So, if you want to be pissed because of what he is doing, you need to get it straight, he is doing what WE elected him to do, no more, and no less. We Deplorables accept the responsibility for his actions, and we love it ! 306 to 232 !!!!  lol !!!

23 minutes ago, Hud said:

Well, I can tell you that EVERYTHING he has done in the first month has been exactly what he was elected to do. You may not like how he does it, but we expect him to continue with OUR agenda and we see no slowing down. So, if you want to be pissed because of what he is doing, you need to get it straight, he is doing what WE elected him to do, no more, and no less. We Deplorables accept the responsibility for his actions, and we love it !

He has gone to bed HUD!!! For gods sake ( Christs sake whatever)   he can't hear you !!!! They are not legions they are truly a minority

I am tired , I am disappointed, I am going to bed and tomorrow I am going on the expat board to inquire on areas of Mexico ( PV , Guadalajara, Cancun ) anywhere that the racist , taunting, hatred put on display on this post does not prevail. The folks here rant and rave about assimilation, becoming citizens, speaking the language, but non of them did that in Mexico all the years they have been ( where ) there ???? There immigrate grandparents were somehow different better than the people begging and sacrificing everything to come here  to America? I have lost so much of my belief and faith in the goodness of humans in the last few months. I am saddened by the loss of humanness. 

The title of this thread is "Unfair policies against foreigners" which is total balony. A policy by government any where is designated official and on going until it's rescinded by same. I'm shocked that anyone who has been here for any length of time especially those that practice law would even think that doing a photo op involving foreigners of all stripes and being "welcomed" en mass by 2 levels of government is something "against said foreigners" and a policy. This government has bent over backwards in many respects to make us feel welcome including this method of presenting our visa cards.The effort 's motivation is a welcome not an attack and why has this all of a sudden become a xenophobic rant about whole other issues. As strange as it my seem I agree with chillin's comment to the moderator who is also a poster and has gleefully joined in it seems. Speaking of policies,has this not become political rants by several "contributors" that has nothing to do with the OP?

There is no policy against foreigners, the Presidente saw an  opportunity for a photo op and knowing that gathering people for that kind of thing is like herding cats he had  his friends at immigration  help him. May be not the smartest move but gives us a break about "policy against foreigners"  . I bet that if someone has a problem showing up it will not be held against them.. get a life everyone..

6 minutes ago, bmh said:

There is no policy against foreigners, the Presidente saw an  opportunity for a photo op and knowing that gathering people for that kind of thing is like herding cats he had  his friends at immigration  help him. May be not the smartest move but gives us a break about "policy against foreigners"  . I bet that if someone has a problem showing up it will not be held against them.. get a life everyone..

LA VOZ has a nice little article about this "positive" experience for expats from USA,Canada,England,Columbia and Venezuela.

My best guess is that I may not be the oly one to get insulting, cruel and over-the-top e-mails or private messages, from a guy named Dan, as a result of expressing opinions contrary to a particular ego traveling in the far right lane.  Should we take a poll? Of course, I have never seen anyone by that name posting on Chapala.com ..... have you? Must just be a troll.  They are best ignored.

38 minutes ago, bmh said:

Exactly.  The guy is planning on running again.  Maybe we should ask him to pose next to some of the local pot holes.

19 minutes ago, RVGRINGO said:

My best guess is that I may not be the oly one to get insulting, cruel and over-the-top e-mails or private messages, from a guy named Dan, as a result of expressing opinions contrary to a particular ego traveling in the far right lane.  Should we take a poll? Of course, I have never seen anyone by that name posting on Chapala.com ..... have you? Must just be a troll.  They are best ignored.

You didn't express opinions contrary to mine, you just expressed your dislike.  Unlike some here I don't take it personally if you don't agree with me.  Now if you'd like to go back and address the points I raised and show us where they are wrong, please do so.  I'm very interested in how one can justify Country A having the right to set its own immigration rules but Country B does not have that right.

As near as I can tell, that is your position.  Is that correct?  How do you justify it?

All you posted were complaints about me.  You know the correct place to take your complaints.  Please do so and stop the personal and public attacks on open threads.  Try addressing the topic and not the person.  Thanks.

Absolutely correct; it is dislike in this instance, but the difference is moot. The present point is that I objected to being insulted by Dan, with false assumptions, using Chapala.com to do so, whether or not he might just happen to be a participant on the board to which he refers.  I have taken Dan‘s advice and sent a copy of the missive to the owner and to the administrator of this board, in hopes that they will take appropriate measures to help restore this webboard to the helpful & freiendly site that it once was, and on which I have participated since way back in the days of dial-up.  It distresses me to see so many regular posters leaving, and to note the decline in new interest.  The flavor has changed for the worse in recent years & old-timers are quite aware of the cause.

Yes, we have been gone from Chapala for just over 2 years and miss it terribly, as it is home to me, having lived there longer than any other single place in my almost 80 years. Infirmities, including a current fight with cancer, have forced us north to use our eligibility for VA Hospital and Medicare, as multiple hospitalizations and surgeries in Guadalajara were depleting our resources.  That said, we remain interested and in contact with our friends and that will continue.

Cruel and insulting statements, public or private, were definitely not welcome; particularly now.

Two things on this nice Texas Blue Bonnet day, first, my apology to Spencer for assisting in running this thread off the rails. Spencer looks out for the good of us all and I always appreciated it.

And Me Linda? - wow your anger and heartburn betray you, mellow out, things have changed, the agenda of the last 8 years is over, the people have voted and we accepted (with tongues chewed raw) the direction we were taken - and now, it's time to rebuild, to reunite and to get back to normal after trying a different direction which proved darn near fatal - but, we tried, no riots in the streets, no whining and no insults. And, trust me, there are many people very near you who are reading my words and smiling and shaking their heads yes, (and don't want to be insulted for their beliefs) they are like the millions NOB that are tired of being labeled racist, sexist etc simply because they want to return to the Constitution and a moral lifestyle. I can assure you that you live in the middle of very normal people, get used to it, the pendulum has swung back (and just in time) to return things to a more stable world. Give it a chance and mellow out, waking up with heartburn and vitriol is not the way to start a day.

55 minutes ago, giltner68 said:

Two things on this nice Texas Blue Bonnet day, first, my apology to Spencer for assisting in running this thread off the rails. Spencer looks out for the good of us all and I always appreciated it.

And Me Linda? - wow your anger and heartburn betray you, mellow out, things have changed, the agenda of the last 8 years is over, the people have voted and we accepted (with tongues chewed raw) the direction we were taken - and now, it's time to rebuild, to reunite and to get back to normal after trying a different direction which proved darn near fatal - but, we tried, no riots in the streets, no whining and no insults. And, trust me, there are many people very near you who are reading my words and smiling and shaking their heads yes, (and don't want to be insulted for their beliefs) they are like the millions NOB that are tired of being labeled racist, sexist etc simply because they want to return to the Constitution and a moral lifestyle. I can assure you that you live in the middle of very normal people, get used to it, the pendulum has swung back (and just in time) to return things to a more stable world. Give it a chance and mellow out, waking up with heartburn and vitriol is not the way to start a day.

Please help me understand how I and my gay husband fit into your new normal World.  Somehow I don't find it very assuring.  Do you consider us "normal people"?  Want to have lunch sometime?  And, I'm not seeing much stability right now.  Just the opposite really.  Maybe you could help me to understand that too.  XOXO

Well Giltner - you must be looking at history with Texas Blue Bonnet glasses. The original settlers of what is now Texas were immigrants, German. The Mexican government of the day offered them free land, as long as they obeyed the Mexican Constitution. The next group, I believe 300 families arrived because of a smooth talking business man. I don't think he told them about the Mexican Constitution deal, he probably sold them land which he got for free. Then a big problem - these farmers were unable to run their farms without slaves, slavery is illegal under the Mexican Constitution (actually Queen Isabella of Spain banned slavery in all the "new world" sometime in the 1500's). The Texans started the country of Texas - seizing vast tracts of land. Mexico had no choice but to go to war. The Texans declared they were liberating the Mexicans in Texas from a cruel, diabolical tyrant. This was to help the Mexican/Texans to pursue happiness, in a free world. Sound familiar? Mexico = once bitten - twice shy.

Please help me understand how I and my gay husband fit into your new normal World.  Somehow I don't find it very assuring.  Do you consider us "normal people"?  Want to have lunch sometime?  And, I'm not seeing much stability right now.  Just the opposite really.  Maybe you could help me to understand that too.  XOXO

Sure, would love to, not a problem, I live my lifestyle, you have yours, I have close friends that are raging liberals that I'd defend to the death - but then that probably surprises you. Then again, you presume upon me your prejudices.

Chillin: Such is the history of mankind, it's not kind, or harmonious and until we change human nature it is as it is. When I hear people say "such and such owned the land because they were here 50K years ago". I ask, well, who owned it before them? And so how far back in history do we go to actually find who "owns" the land, or who are the original settlers etc.

We live in the 21st century and the past is complicated, in part by our intelligence, civility and morals. Today is today, we are what we are, learn to live with it and deal with it or you're going to wake up every morning with acid reflux and heartburn. Some things you can change, some things you cannot. Let me give you an example, in MX I absolutely hated loud music and barking dogs - could I change it? - of course not, but when I moved, up here I live between to Mexicans, neither has loud music or barking dogs - problem solved. It's a small thing, but a good example.

One of the things you are going to see is a push to reassert States rights per the 10the Amendment, in other words, stop the elite federal "monarchy" from dictating lives. That will clear the way for States to decide what they want for their people and if you can't stand Calif and it's fruits and nuts attitude, move - it's as simple as that.

None of us can dictate what will be, or not, we simply need to live by the rule of law and deal with things as they come along - and that, is going to be a big shock for lots of folks.

And with that I bid y'all adieu, I of all people realize there are things, people, that can't be changed, my energy is better spent elsewhere.

9 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

I see giltner68 didn't answer El Menudo's request for explanation on how he and his partner fit into g68's new normal world, just accepted the lunch invite.

I read the same thing into the rambling boogabooya response.  He can't deal with facts well.  One thing I am curious about, am I a fruit or a nut?  My life will be in flux until I find out.  My guess is that we are not welcome in his new moral lifestyle.  FYI Miss Glitner, we are here, we are queer, and you need to get used to it.

29 minutes ago, giltner68 said:

Sure, would love to, not a problem, I live my lifestyle, you have yours, I have close friends that are raging liberals that I'd defend to the death - but then that probably surprises you. Then again, you presume upon me your prejudices.

Chillin: Such is the history of mankind, it's not kind, or harmonious and until we change human nature it is as it is. When I hear people say "such and such owned the land because they were here 50K years ago". I ask, well, who owned it before them? And so how far back in history do we go to actually find who "owns" the land, or who are the original settlers etc.

We live in the 21st century and the past is complicated, in part by our intelligence, civility and morals. Today is today, we are what we are, learn to live with it and deal with it or you're going to wake up every morning with acid reflux and heartburn. Some things you can change, some things you cannot. Let me give you an example, in MX I absolutely hated loud music and barking dogs - could I change it? - of course not, but when I moved, up here I live between to Mexicans, neither has loud music or barking dogs - problem solved. It's a small thing, but a good example.

One of the things you are going to see is a push to reassert States rights per the 10the Amendment, in other words, stop the elite federal "monarchy" from dictating lives. That will clear the way for States to decide what they want for their people and if you can't stand Calif and it's fruits and nuts attitude, move - it's as simple as that.

None of us can dictate what will be, or not, we simply need to live by the rule of law and deal with things as they come along - and that, is going to be a big shock for lots of folks.

And with that I bid y'all adieu, I of all people realize there are things, people, that can't be changed, my energy is better spent elsewhere.

MC, Do you have anything to add here?  Just curious to know where you might think.

My original point was that we had close to 30 people with cards held up.  People are getting cars impounded if their driver license isnt current which cant be done without a visa so people arent driving as they are scared to do so and that is not fair to them.

People have menaje de casas waiting at the border and pay daily storage rates until they can get their visas, also not fair.

People are renting cars as they cannot buy a car and register in their name without a visa. 

All these things add up and it is not fair to make some pay $30US per day for a rental car or take the bus to doctor visits or pay storage at the border for 1 to 3 weeks just so some politicians can have a photo op, if you think it is ok great then you can reimburse my clients and be their taxi service, problem solved!

Open borders are the gateways for drug cartels, human trafficking, & terrorists. The reason why the politicans want this is because of bribes & payoffs. The gangs distribute the product on the street, its business. This is why the police in some cities will not cooperate with these deportations. The second reason is the corporations want cheap labor. The other reason is the refugee industry. The contractors make a fortune from this. Meanwhile it costs the tax payers 25 billion in California per year alone. These people have to be taken care of.  Ninty percent of the mainstream media is owned by the six transnational corporations. Now you know why they double down on this hemispheric borderless society. This is a dangerous position especially in santuary cities. Releasing felons into the population is reality. A silly song you heard in highschool is not real life. I wonder why the average Joeblow on these forums have hystrionic meltdowns about this?  Maybe it is the media drumming the same beat. After all they know where their money is coming from. funfact: bill clinton lost the popular vote as well. He also wanted a controlled border. Our POTUS is fighting the cartels, the media, the corps. He riskes his life for his principals as JFK did. How this has anything to do with gays, KKK, phobias, emails, mods, & other unrelated rhetoric is beyound me.

Archived