Chapala.com Webboard

Unfair Policies Against Foreigners

Intercasa

20 hours ago, bmh said:

The US has no right to return non Mexicans to Mexico. People move around countries and enter countries illegally but that it is outside of the control of the various government. Dumping illegal in Mexico is a government act and that is a different story. Mexico has the right not to accept non Mexicans to be dumped in their countries because these people transited through Mexico illegally..

The law that GWB signed states that illegals from non-bordering countries (Mexico and Canada are bordering) must have hearings to be deported. Why doesn't the U.S. tell Canada that the U.S. is sending its non-documented people to Canada to await hearings. That should go over bigly.

Forty percent of illegals flew in and their visas expired. They did not enter by sneaking across the border.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2015/sep/08/jorge-ramos/ramos-40-undocumented-immigrants-come-air/

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two things, first of all, the visa overstays are not the primary initial target for deportation, it's "bad" buys and they didn't fly in they slithered in. Second, I'd be real careful quoting politifact?, punditfact etc. You might want to get some real news source and pass on the fake stuff, it's designed to warp your mind - and to it's credit, apparently it's working - which isn't saying much for CNN/ABC/NBC/CBS etc.

7 hours ago, Joco said:

. Some people don't want their pictures taken with politicians. They think that is an invasion of their privacy.

Then don't go. Simple solution. Remember, this is Mexico and they couldn't care less if you go or not, buy or not, complain, or not, etc.

9 hours ago, Intercasa said:

My job isnt to be popular but to fight for the little guy, so many people have mobility issues and to require people to do more than is normally required is not fair and therefore the complaint. 

I'm having trouble understanding how a municipal government has control over a federal program.

On 2/23/2017 at 7:54 PM, bmh said:

The US has no right to return non Mexicans to Mexico. People move around countries and enter countries illegally but that it is outside of the control of the various government. Dumping illegal in Mexico is a government act and that is a different story. Mexico has the right not to accept non Mexicans to be dumped in their countries because these people transited through Mexico illegally..

If the ICE just refuses them entry to the USA what country are then in? It is a popular scam to refuse to tell immigration where you are from or a citizen of. Europe is running into this very problem now. So if Mexico found the immigrant acceptable to be in Mexico even to transit to the USA it should be Mexico's problem ont the USA . You will never prove any uncooperative new arrival's country of orgin so Mexico needs to let them retransit to their home country.

I have worked for ,and with ,many attorneys, the ones that excel and shine are passionate about the law and the rights of the people they represent . Intercasa is exhibiting the trait that makes so many of you admire and hire him ( as I will when I arrive next month ). Also here NOB it is BAD, a man yelled go back to your own country and shot 2 engineers, one died. I go out to the grocery store and see huge confederate flags flying on trucks. Kids are being expelled here for telling other children to go back to there own country, or don't talk to that kid he is black or Mexican. The hate is palpable. ? sad

If the non Mexicans are caught at the U.S. Mexico border entering from Mexico, why is it the U.S. responsibility to ship them home?  Mexico neither prevented them from illegally entering this country nor prevented them from illegally entering the U.S.  What is the actual International law here?

Simple solution is right in front of everyone's noses:  Join with the U.S. in securing the border and put a real damper in the guns and corruption money headed south as well as help Mexico at their southern border once the message gets out they won't be enabled or tolerated in illegally entering the U.S.

There's strong support there for a fair and humane solution to the long term illegal immigrants in the U.S. as most thinking people know the U.S. tolerated and even encouraged it for a long time.  However, amnesties have been tried repeatedly there in the absence of border security and have all simply resulted in encouraging more illegal immigration.  

A lasting solution that takes responsibility for previous "wink and nod" policies while at the same time recognizing that U.S. citizens (and BTW polling repeatedly shows legal immigrants also by a large margin) want illegal immigration stopped is only possible if the border is secured.

I strongly believe both countries would benefit here.  Mexico is ready to be less dependent on the U.S., most illegal immigration of Mexicans has tapered off and I think the Mexican authorities are smart enough to understand that they are going to have a greater problem with Illegal immigration from points south as long as the U.S. border is not secured.

Look around the world.  Do the math.  The world's problems cannot be solved with mass immigration that simply drags down the target countries.  It isn't just the people of the U.S. who want an end to this.  The entire western world is wanting less immigration.  

When compared to the countries south of Europe, Mexico is far better off and far more capable of taking care of its own and continuing to create opportunity here.  A secure border will support the forces of change and better government already in motion here.

Regards Spencer's OP, Mexico has declared and is exercising its right to determine who comes here and under which rules.  Those rules have changed significantly since we came here.  That is also their right.  Their country, their rules.

It is the right of the U.S. to have, enforce and modify its immigration policies as well.  We do not support either country by encouraging a double standard at that border.

19 minutes ago, CHILLIN said:

Once again, MC jumps in as the agent provocateur - not good.

Let's face it the only thing you find not good is that you disagree but can't articulate your disagreement without getting personal.  

Do either of you have a substantive response?

Would you prefer our two countries go at each other?  Do you think this would be good for we expats?  Do you think Mexico can "win" by trying to cram a double standard down America's throat?

I don't.

What I am saying, is surprisingly similar to Hud - look out your window, what do you see - MEXICO. The figurehead of your country enjoys less than 10 % approval rating here. For many, he is actually despised, for most he is the object of ridicule - I see it every day. Right now he is the lightning rod - lets keep it that way. Your opinions do not matter here at all. No one will act upon them. They will only inflame a small web board, run by an honest, well meaning, real estate company. It is a matter of defending the rights of your country's citizens while they are in another country, a matter of international law and international agreements. Just as the U.S. consulate will defend your rights if you singled out, disrespected and targeted by the government of Mexico.

Lets talk about gardening, cooking and restaurants instead. This topic is ugly.

20 hours ago, Joco said:

If someone is riding the bus, he can get out right at the Chapala INM.  For LCS he must walk a few blocks. The INM office has seating. It depends on where one must wait at LCS for seating. Taking a cab and catching one when leaving the Chapala INM is easy, at LCS one must walk a block or two. Some people don't want their pictures taken with politicians. They think that is an invasion of their privacy.

I agree about the pictures.

47 minutes ago, CHILLIN said:

What I am saying, is surprisingly similar to Hud - look out your window, what do you see - MEXICO. The figurehead of your country enjoys less than 10 % approval rating here. For many, he is actually despised, for most he is the object of ridicule - I see it every day. Right now he is the lightning rod - lets keep it that way. Your opinions do not matter here at all. No one will act upon them. They will only inflame a small web board, run by an honest, well meaning, real estate company. It is a matter of defending the rights of your country's citizens while they are in another country, a matter of international law and international agreements. Just as the U.S. consulate will defend your rights if you singled out, disrespected and targeted by the government of Mexico.

I agree it is all ugly and sometimes hateful. Let's do a john Lennon , change citizen, illegal, alien to human , little boy, mother, baby etc. change border to a imaginary line drawn in the sand by who or why and when did it become a reason to hurt, harm and hate. Religion, the color of your skin where you were born should never be the grounds by which you are judged or treated. Peace out 

44 minutes ago, Me Linda said:

I agree it is all ugly and sometimes hateful. Let's do a john Lennon , change citizen, illegal, alien to human , little boy, mother, baby etc. change border to a imaginary line drawn in the sand by who or why and when did it become a reason to hurt, harm and hate. Religion, the color of your skin where you were born should never be the grounds by which you are judged or treated. Peace out 

Good thoughts.  Like a friend once said to me, "I don't know why we can't just all get along".  Then I remembered all the racist, sexist comments he made just before saying that and thought, that's why.

2 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

That's all fine and good.  I'll take it you either, as a Canadian, agree with a border double standard for Americans since it is no skin off your back (yet) or you just can't address substantively either the OP or my post.  To review, the OP was listing "unfair" immigration rule changes of which some do look like petty harassment and I was pointing out that even so, it is their country and their right to set the rules.  

If these rules result in Mexico losing its allure to U.S. expats, by far the majority of the expat community then they and we will have the consequences.  At this point in time the U.S. government is stating clearly there will not be mass deportations.  However that can and will change if Mexico keeps demanding a one way street at the border.  You can count on that!

Just remember that this sort of thing cuts both ways, as our Mexican business friends are very keenly aware.  The other guys get to make up their own rules for their own country too.  It's real easy for a "tit for tat" game to get going here.

And politicians everywhere are quite notorious for killing the goose that laid the golden eggs.

That latter is of vital interest to the RE company that owns this board and among whose staff I count a number of friends.  I can assure you they are very concerned about the out of control rhetoric and hypocrisy from some quarters that is fanning the flames of this business.

I addressed the topic.  You are welcome to do the same.  But stop with the political posting.  Your last post is nothing but a ranting Trump bash that neither addresses the topic or responds to the substance of mine and other posts.  The U.S. is not your country and it was not your election.  It was held, the results were certified under the U.S. Constitution and it is OVER.

As to your comment about International Law, please cite specifics as to where it guarantees the "rights" of us to enter and live in this country as well as it protects the "rights" of the citizens of other countries to do the same in the U.S.  That was not the topic but we might find some specifics here as to why some people seem to think that there are such rights.

Everything I read seems to indicate the Mexican embassies and consuls are being quite proactive in watching out for Mexican citizens in the U.S.  There is no widespread abuse being reported and in fact the deportations thus far just continue at the same level and with the same targeting as that practiced by the previous administration.  I'm curious as to where the hue and cry from Mexico was then.

BTW you might want to do a little reading up on how Central American illegal immigrants are being treated at Mexico's southern border. 

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN0SA2J020151016?utm_content=bufferdc4d0&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Pay close attention to the chronology here.

47 minutes ago, El Menudo said:

Good thoughts.  Like a friend once said to me, "I don't know why we can't just all get along".  Then I remembered all the racist, sexist comments he made just before saying that and thought, that's why.

Why was he your friend? You can pick your friends ? 

22 hours ago, Joco said:

. Some people don't want their pictures taken with politicians. They think that is an invasion of their privacy.

Typical of the way Americans think....  Why can't they conform to the culture and customs of the country they are residing in...?

Many countries want you to have your photo taken with a government official when you receive your resident card.. Canada being one of them.

If you don't want your picture taken then don't apply for a Temporay or Permenant resident card.... And stop complaining about your privacy being invaded...

Hey hey? - don't know where you consider TX, but it wasn't anywhere I've been and I've been all over the State and found good folks everywhere I went. And if you're inferring racist, sexist, then you're talking down to a whole lot of people. You might want to take the advice and maybe get out of the few liberal pockets of the State and find the real people.

Sorry, I know this was off topic, but those kinds of comments can't stand without a response.

4 minutes ago, giltner68 said:

Hey hey? - don't know where you consider TX, but it wasn't anywhere I've been and I've been all over the State and found good folks everywhere I went. And if you're inferring racist, sexist, then you're talking down to a whole lot of people. You might want to take the advice and maybe get out of the few liberal pockets of the State and find the real people.

I don't understand what you are trying to say ,my granddaughter grew up and lives in Texas ? Liberals are sexist and racist? Real people are Racist and sexist?  I would guess racist / sexist live everywhere?  And liberals live everywhere, my granddaughter is liberal . Are the few liberal pockets where the 66 million people  ( not real people ? ) that voted for a democrat  ( like me and my granddaughter ) live ? I don't know how we came from peace love and understanding  ( Mexican and American ) conversation to here ?

1 hour ago, giltner68 said:

Sorry, I know this was off topic, but those kinds of comments can't stand without a response.

Texas is the state just above and bordering Mexico.  Geographically speaking.

5 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

The figure head of Mexico, Pres. Pena Nieto'a approval rating in his home country is 12%. 

• "Reforma poll finds president’s approval rating sinks to 12%"

Securing borders is nonsense and xenophobic. If people want to come in let them in unless there are criminal reasons not to. No country has a right to stop people looking for sanctuaries. Borders are artificial boundaries set up between people by those who want power and control for selfish reasons.

Oh Cedros, are you sure that's really really what you wanted to say? Let's just shuck this down to the cob - do you have walls and doors on your house? Do you have locks on the doors of your house? - well, then you are preventing anyone from coming into your house - get the picture? - if not, then I'm wasting my words.

Frankly, in this environment I would advise newcomers to definitely not buy any real estate in this country until things settle down.

That latter is of vital interest to the RE company that owns this board and among whose staff I count a number of friends.

Keep 'em rolling MC! You are rocking the house over on The Other Board. They are rolling in the aisles with laughter, pretty soon they will be peeing themselves!

Archived