Chapala.com Webboard

What is this Flower called?

Hud

If the bud and the spindly looking leaves belong to this flower, it may be a new variety of cosmos.  Correct number and shape of petals with tiny stamen in the center.  Google cosmos to see the one we are used to seeing in the fields and lots of new varieties.

My question is: Where and when was this photo taken..The rusted chain link fence leads me to think it is not locally???? My guesses are:  I also think Clematis or Passion flower hybrid???

1 hour ago, Tomas said:

My question is: Where and when was this photo taken..The rusted chain link fence leads me to think it is not locally???? My guesses are:  I also think Clematis or Passion flower hybrid???

The photo has a signature "Brian Wade I love Texas". Maybe that site gives the name. I doubt it is local.

While it is a beautiful image, it is most probably a fake.  That perfect 'star' motif crosses over and across multiple petals. The chances of that happening in nature are mighty slim.  Don't know if the white was added to a pic of a blue flower, or the blue to a white one, but my money is on 'Faux Flower'. Photoshop et al can do amazing things.

Archived