Chapala.com Webboard

Invitation to Canadians

Oatsie

I have just received the following e-mail from the Canadian Embassy in Mexico City:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Consul of Canada to Mexico, Ms. Rachelle Dalton, and the Consular Officer for the Consulate of Canada in Guadalajara, Ms. Ana Lilia Bará, would like to invite all Canadians living or travelling in Guadalajara, Chapala, Ajijic and surroundings to an information session on consular services available to Canadians in Mexico. The presentation will take place on Monday, March 13, 2017, 3:00 pm, at La Nueva Posada, Donato Guerra No. 9, 45920 Ajijic Jalisco. Refreshments will be served.

Please respond to mxicocs@international.gc.ca if you plan on attending this event. We would also be grateful if you could share this message with other Canadians living or travelling in your area. 

We look forward to meeting you. 

Consular Section 
Embassy of Canada                   
Schiller 529                    
Col. Bosque de Chapultepec              
Mexico City, Mexico                 
01-800-706-2900 (within Mexico)                      
mxicocs@international.gc.ca        

Canadian Consulate  
World Trade Center (WTC) 
Torre Pacífico, Piso 8 
Av. Mariano Otero 1249
Col. Rinconada del Bosque 
44530 Guadalajara, Jalisco
Tel: (33) 1818- 4200
gjara@international.gc.ca

Thanks, we'll be there! IMO it is important to let the consular services (US/Canadian/whatever) know you appreciate their services. One doesn't know when one might need them. And they will appreciate an audience. It must be very tiring taking care of one's expats if said expats do not bother to check in until they are in trouble.

Well Mike, it has NOTHING to do with Canadian's letter, but was my attempt to introduce a bit of humor (did you notice the smiley?) into the thread and to suggest that it was probably OK for the Canadians to attend their government's call for service but maybe not so wise if you get a letter from the other NOB government.

Sorry to you and to all the others that I may have pissed off by assuming I could do that.

Archived