Chapala.com Webboard

Superlake

Floradude

Checking expiration dates is a good practice at any store. I have found cottage cheese 2 weeks past time. I mentioned it, just a nod of reply and the next week it was 2 days until expiration.  Quite a while ago Superlake was being discussed regarding the turning down the freezers at night. This too is a common practice. But when I saw twice that ice cream had crystallized, I decided to buy dairy products elsewhere

I was at SL this past week and paid with a $200 peso bill and was to receive 72pesos in change.  I was very surprised to get all coins instead of a 50 and 20 peso bill which I saw in her cash drawer.  I remebered I was shortchanged at Wal-Mart with the same scenario so I counted all my coins and yes- I was missing 10 pesos which she gave me when I pointed it out.  I guess they see a lot of people just putting the change away without counting it.  The red flag of course is so much change that could have been replaced with bills.

I always come with plenty of change so that I can usually pay very close to what I owe. That way it is easier for me to check the change given. It works for me. And it makes it easier for the person you are paying to give you the correct amount of change.

Bournemouth , you are so right, I am very grateful too, I can see what I can get or rather what is not available here in Chiapas and I would give anything to have that store here.. People at Lakeside do not know what a treasure they have.

It is a Mexican store operated by Mexicans so I do not see why they should not be supported because they chose to cater to the upscale market, foreigners and Tapatios.. If people do not like it they do not have to shop there.

8 hours ago, johanson said:

I always come with plenty of change so that I can usually pay very close to what I owe. That way it is easier for me to check the change given. It works for me. And it makes it easier for the person you are paying to give you the correct amount of change.

When I was younger I used to get irritated when having to wait in the check-out line while some granny slowly counted out the exact change to pay. Now I'm her!

Archived