Chapala.com Webboard

Home healthcare assistant referral needed... can anyone advise?

We have just purchased a home and moved to Chapala Haciendas a few months ago. My husband is a quadriplegic and we are looking for a home healthcare assistant to help with his care several times a week. From friends, we have learned that training is available so there are qualified caregivers seeking employment. Our problem is how to connect, as we have had little response from the referrals we have been given. I appreciate completely that this is a very sought-after skill and that our location outside Ajijic and Chapala Central make it a travel issue. We are certainly open to fair compensation and enough paid hours to make the travel to Chapala Haciendas worth the effort. 

Have you tried Lidia's care service? I know several who use/have used her and are very satisfied.  cell 333-156-9080    She has people with a wide range of talents / abilities.

Also might check with Becky Arredondo --- she  does a lot of other things for people, and may have a line on some qualified care people.   cell 331-251-1907

Good luck! 

• Like 2

Hi,

I just sent you a list with about 200 local caregivers/nurses.  It is not uptodate anymore, but quite possibly, there will be people among them who havent changed their phone number.  If the person, that you call, is not able to do the job, ask him/her if he/she happens to know someone who is.  Almost everybody knows everybody here (especially in Chapala).  That will give you a better chance in finding the right person. When someone comes recommended, I added it to the name.  Recommendations are key.

Good luck,

Rony

I second the recommendation for Lidia. I had heart surgery last year and she provided the nursing help I needed during my rather difficult recovery. One thing I really liked is that she stayed very involved - including visiting me at home to make sure everything was going well. She will coordinate everything and make sure you get the support you need - including any medical equipment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maggiemae said:

You may also want to contact Nurse Josefina Contreras Mendoza at (cell) 331-115-9615 or josefina84@yahoo.com. She is a wonderful nurse who has a care-giving service as well as owning assisted living/rehab facilities. I highly recommend her.

We have been more than pleased with the services Mina (Josefina) has provided us over several occasions from 24 hour care in home to providing someone to be with us in hospital.

• 3 years later...

My 78-year-old brother lives in Ajijic.  He is in a wheelchair, has an enlarged heart, emphysema, and balance problems.  He cannot walk.  He needs someone to fix his meals, bathe him, and get his food/medication.  I live in Omaha, Nebraska USA, so it is really difficult for me to be of any help.  Can someone send me a current list of caregivers with their phone numbers.  I can email this to my brother.  Thank you in advance for your help.

After conducting interviews in the last 2 weeks for a friend in search of a care-taker, I am happy to share the information of two excellent candidates that did not get the job.  We were fortunate to have interviewed many top-notch people for this position.   Both seemed enthusiastic and eager to work.

Antonio Villafan, 44 years old, has many certificates and references.  333-240-7745

Alex (Alejandro) Mercado Gamez, 45 years old, also with many recommendations and experience.  333-901-6912

I wish you luck in your search and hope you find the right person for your needs.

Cheers!

Val Jones  :)

• Like 2