Chapala.com Webboard

Mariposa crossing

dennis clark

3 hours ago, dennis clark said:

Is the Mariposa crossing still the easiest way to cross the border coming from Phoenix? Any new hotel recommendations?  Can I get my TIP  for my car to cross the border online? 

thanks 

We made this trip a number of times. Stayed at the Best Western in Nogales, AZ, then BW Hotel Del Rio in Navojoa. Last night in Mazatlan at Aquamarina across from the malecon as they accept dogs. Basic Mexican hotel, but across from the malecon with fish restaurants right on the beach. http://www.aguamarina.com/en/completo.php

We recently made this trip coming south.  We stayed at Baymount Suites in Tucson then Holiday Inn Express in Guaymas.  The new bypasses for Mazatlan and Tepic are huge time savers.  We stayed in Culiacan but won't recommend the hotel we used.  There is a ZAR close to the cuota that we will try next time.  We were not traveling with pets.

Motel Paraîso in Culiacan is excellent if traveling with pets.  Very secure, economical, good restaurant with room service & grassy area for dogs.  Either rooms or bungalows are available.

Google will find it for you, just off the 15D and convenient to Centro.

Archived