Chapala.com Webboard

Volaris changes baggage allowance

bdlngton

Yeah.  I agree.  When I toted their stuff down to them it was pretty overwhelming.

<_<

Volaris charged me $100 for a cked bag at the counter... I tried to add it on line and the website would not work ($60 on line)... Last time I fly with this DIY airline...

Volaris gives one several opportunities to add baggage.... online when purchasing for one price, online when checking in for a larger price and then at the counter... where they know they have one by the ......  Yes, very expensive with them to purchase extra or first-time bags at the counter!

My husband just flew Volaris non stop from Orlando to Guadalajara, I do not know what people are talking about,we checked four bags, one medium size carry on and that cost $110 and that is reasonable in today's market. At the last minute, we added another checked bag , online, and it cost only $18. This is a discount airline, you get what you pay for.  If you go on their website you can pull up their baggage fees. If you add a bag at the counter that is your fault, everyone knows you do not do that. Instead of griping, why don't people feel blessed that they have the opportunity to retire to such a wonderful place. Life is too short.

P.S. Spare me your "witty" replies, they are quite boring.

Wow again!  Denise's comments seem quite critical and harsh.If you don't want any replies you don't approve of, then don't post.  This forum is about helping people, not attacking.

It is not always the passenger's "fault."  The Volaris website frequently does not work right and trying to get customer support on the site is almost impossible.  When you call, you don't get help, you get charged an extra fee for them helping you over the phone.  There's no such thing as help with the web site customers.  The baggage fees are quite high.  I have added baggage at the time of the reservation and it is expensive.

The airline's poor service has nothing to do with quality of life at Lakeside. 

If you can get Southwest to fly there you will have people happy to fly to their gateway, most likely HOU, for the friendly service they normally provide. Their flights to PVR are very popular. Demand must be lacking.

I fly Volaris 'often'... it's the only non-stop from Denver to Guadlajara.  On the flights that I have taken, the vast majority of passengers are Mexican Nationals.... me and a few more gringos. Maybe the Nationals aren't coming and going like in times past.

But back to the baggage.... yes, there are several reasons why one might end up at the airport and HAVE to, not want to, check baggage. Their carry-on dimensions are just a little bit less than other USA domestic carriers, and they 'measure' them at check-in. A tad too big???, sorry you'll have to check that sucker. So it's go out and buy other carry on luggage that is manufactured to be right-at the limits or.....  Maybe that's it!!! Volaris is getting a kick-back from the luggage manufacturers~

Having said all that, I've not had any terrible flights with them (yet!  taking one Sunday so just watch - BANG! - for saying that). And I agree that they aren't all that different than other US low-cost carriers... Frontier comes to mind.

pappysmarket.... Agree totally about Southwest. BEST airline flying. 2 checked bags free. On-time flights. I could go on and on.....

PVR is a pretty good airport to consider if combining a beach trip with your trip NOB works for you. I looked at today's flights and noticed 5 different cities on Southwest and 9 different nonstops to 6 different Canadian cities.

Archived