Chapala.com Webboard

Ranger's BBQ back?

pepez

Was playing cards with some women in Ajijic this Friday morning and one of the husbands walked in with a delicious smelling bag of brisket and ribs with sides of BBQ sauce.  Said he bought them at the poutine place across from Superlake and that the man doing the cooking had a stand set up and was selling the meat three days a week.  My first thought was that "Ranger" from Ranger's BBQ in El Salto is back.  

Does anyone know if it IS Ranger??  i know he was selling from the same area several months ago, but then he disappeared.  

BTW, the brisket was FABULOUS....although i only had one bite!  

It is Juan Mata from Rangers. He is at the location you site on Friday's and Saturday's. He is at the organic market on Tuesday's. Pulled pork and brats on Friday and both those plus brisket on Saturday. Food is usually ready by 11 or 11:30.

Juan actually had brisket this morning (Friday), as well as ribs and pulled pork that i know of.  He was out of the brisket (no surprise!) by the time we got there about 2:15pm.  Frankly, i was surprised he had anything left by then!  

i also got some potato salad, so don't know whether he has other sides or not.  

Happy to know that he has returned and it's sometimes worth the drive from Joco to get some of his food.  Particularly the brisket.  Did i mention it was delicious???

Archived