Chapala.com Webboard

good studio for passport photo in Chapala

bdmowers

7 hours ago, RVGRINGO said:

On Lopez Cotilla; a block east of the mercado publico and on the south side of the street. They will be ready in 24 hours or less. We used them for years.

I second this studio.  We used them for passport photos last year.  If I remember correctly, it is called Studio Zaragoza.

The lady who runs Zaragoza is learning English at Wilkes Center. I think the easiest way to get there is to go through the light on Hildago (the main drag from Ajijic). Two blocks just past El Zapote restaurant turn left. Go one block and turn left again. About midway down the block on the left hand side  is a rose colored building. That's it. I have had a hard time finding Photo Luz open but no problems with Zaragoza.

12 hours ago, RVGRINGO said:

On Lopez Cotilla; a block east of the mercado publico and on the south side of the street. They will be ready in 24 hours or less. We used them for years.

Gracias, amigo, and gracias, all.

Used Photo Luz last week, needing our passports in a hurry due to an unexpected trip and the six month validity law. She was closed for two days afterward and wouldn't answer her cell, even though she told us to pick them up the next morning which we tried to do. We had to cancel two appointments in Guad because of her. We finally went to Farmacia Guadalajara next to Actinver and had them in our hands in ten minutes, no more panic over getting them in time. We paid her 180 pesos,got them yesterday from the farmacia for 50 pesos.

10 hours ago, moonhill said:

Used Photo Luz last week, needing our passports in a hurry due to an unexpected trip and the six month validity law. She was closed for two days afterward and wouldn't answer her cell, even though she told us to pick them up the next morning which we tried to do. We had to cancel two appointments in Guad because of her. We finally went to Farmacia Guadalajara next to Actinver and had them in our hands in ten minutes, no more panic over getting them in time. We paid her 180 pesos,got them yesterday from the farmacia for 50 pesos.

If you are Canadian, DO NOT try this. The photos (which are a different size than for US PP's) MUST have Foto Studio stamp on the back..... and (I think) the date.

Archived