Chapala.com Webboard

Piergoi

nothernewbie

1 hour ago, nothernewbie said:

Anyone know of a source.  Frozen would be fine.

How about some fresh and delicious ones served on Friday and Saturday at Gosha's restaurant on the Carreterra in central Ajijic; same street as Bruno's and a chicken place?   They also serve cabbage rolls; same days.  (One of the owners is Polish.) 

Indoor and outdoor dining.  Breakfast and lunch.  They have a varied menu and quality ingredients in all their offerings.

For frozen, check out the cold box area in Superlake.  There are many choices of home made packaged foods there, and they may have what you seek.

I dated a Ukranian girl for many years; she referred to her family as Hunkys, but never in a disparaging way. I had more good food cooked by aunties over those five years than ever before or since: golubtsi, pedahe, and at Christmas khrustyky, pampushky, beef pyrizhky, kutia... while the uncles and men sat in a smoke-filled room playing cards, and warning "boyfriends" that they better take good care of their girl...

It's the ultimate comfort food, and I should get myself over to Gosha's.

On 2/17/2017 at 11:32 AM, gringal said:

How about some fresh and delicious ones served on Friday and Saturday at Gosha's restaurant on the Carreterra in central Ajijic; same street as Bruno's and a chicken place?   They also serve cabbage rolls; same days.  (One of the owners is Polish.) 

Indoor and outdoor dining.  Breakfast and lunch.  They have a varied menu and quality ingredients in all their offerings.

For frozen, check out the cold box area in Superlake.  There are many choices of home made packaged foods there, and they may have what you seek.

Can't place it. Mountain side or lake side of the carretera? Open hours?

Archived