Chapala.com Webboard

I just received one warning point. Why?

Lexy

I just noticed on my personal page that I've been given I warning point. No restrictions being applied. I'm not told who brought this warning or why. Don't these things usually come with an explanation from a moderator?

This worries me considering recent posts that turned very political, but not by me.

Lexy

I have one warning point from some time ago. I did receive a PM from the moderator who gave it to me explaining why he did.  I agreed I had gone over the line. He said the point has no repercussions, no one sees it but the poster who received it and they never go away. 

Twasn't me.

You have one warning from 2011 by "CocinaMod" on your record.  There are no other showing.  Perhaps you just forgot about it?

Believe it or not, opinions that you don't agree with are not all political and do not require censorship.

You should be happy you didn't get handled for that blatant personal attack in the "respect" thread.

Thanks, Xena.

Mod 2: I know there's that warning from back in 2011 by CocinaMod. He explained why I was getting it.

But this one is different in its design. And I have no further notification about it.

Glad it wasn't you. Because here on this thread you're claiming I expressed "a blatant personal attack" where none was expressed. You said the same about Al Berca. Perhaps you're overreacting? You also said the same and much more in an inappropriate PM to me the other day. The one where you called me angry and hateful? You really shouldn't do that, no matter how you sign it.

Lexy

In my experience as a moderator on many boards over the years, I have always found it best to allow a "cooling down" period for myself before I respond to a situation. I also can not participate in a board as both moderator and member: it is not fair to myself or any of the other members. It is also unwise and unfair to fire off critical or personal Personal Messages to any member, regardless of the reason. The only time a PM should be delivered is when an explanation is required for a moderator action, and that must never include personal observations; simply "you were off topic", or "you became too personal"  or "you violated the rules", and "This is a warning; please do not (do that) again, or we will be forced to suspend your account."

Also, any post by a moderator, including deleting a thread, or closing it, must always include a polite, impersonal reason, otherwise it looks like an attack to the rest of those reading the thread. These are merely the requirements of civility for a webboard moderator.

Archived