Chapala.com Webboard

Good Iron Smiths?

I would love to be able to search this in the chapala.com search bar, but I keep getting error try back in 9 seconds..... I know it is a question that has been asked many times on this forum but I'll ask it again.  Who are the better iron smiths in the area, we have a couple things that need to be built like handrails and a gate at the bottom of the stairs to keep the dogs off the veranda.  Also, we had a railing put in on the stairs a couple years ago, and the ironsmith guy that worked with our brickmasons measured wrong, the masons installed it anyways, I'm hoping that a skilled iron smith could possibly correct it.  Building in Mexico is a definate learning process !

Salazar's on the frontage road below the carretera in Riberas, just east of Mirasol. They custom-built a whole pile of iron fencing from a drawing, on time & on budget, very pleased with the quality and finishing, even delivered it all to site. Very nice guys, honest, too. Have since had them do other custom work, always happy with results.

Salazar"s again. They made two tables for the home 7yrs ago. A trolley with wheels for the veranda two yrs. ago and this year replaced old rotted wood double doors with metal doors and locks. Manuel, Louis and Noe are excellent craftsmen and the price is right, but most important in my opinion is their insight and unspoken desire to make sure the job is done correctly the first time by recommending things they feel you are use to NOB to add to the durability, beauty, safety etc. With 40 plus years in the construction business I believe I recognize TRUE CRAFTSMEN when I see them.        

For those that may be concerned we got in touch with Salazar and he will meet with us early next week.  I have no idea how his English skills are, we spoke only in Spanish on the phone but since nobody here seems to have his number, I'll post it here.  I searched for it on google under herreria salazar en chapala, his number is 765 3797.

I can also add to this information now.... I only had to pass by 5 times before I found it ;)

They have added a Ferreteria right beside their Herreria and the grand opening is today at 1 p.m. So, when you see that "Ferreteria" sign on the lakeside just past Mirasol, you know you're in the right place. That tiny obscure little sign for the Herreria just doesn't cut it and I told them that. He said nearly all their work came by word of mouth. That's impressive.

Further for your info is Noe's cell number 333-969-6924

I look forward to doing business with them next week. Thanks for directing me to them.

Archived