Chapala.com Webboard

Shootout in Joco?

pedro malo

I'm not looking for gratuitous details of any kind, just looking to confirm or dispel whether there was a shootout or not at the Joco Malecon this last Saturday in which people were killed?  A simple yes or no would suffice.

I'm in the States and my family there in Joco and this is a story that has been spreading.  I'm just interested to know if true or rumor.

Thanks to anyone that might know.  Please advise.

19 minutes ago, ednet94 said:

Shootout yes in the night, but they don't report any deaths. So both yes and no.

http://semanariolaguna.com/25091/#prettyphoto[25091]/0/

Thank you ednet94!  The truth is always less dramatic than the hearsay.  I heard it was a bloodbath but apparently NOT!

2 hours ago, barcelonaman said:

If you check out spencers information on tob he reports a lot of hassle in joco and some in chapala recently.

I don't see it on the other board. What date or what heading?

1 hour ago, ned small said:

You have to be a member to see anything about crime or get into peleas or politics with those so inclined some of who are members here.

What is the name of the other board and where do I find it?

2 hours ago, ned small said:

You have to be a member to see anything about crime or get into peleas or politics with those so inclined some of who are members here.

I am a member and don't see it.

15 hours ago, ednet94 said:

Shootout yes in the night, but they don't report any deaths. So both yes and no.

http://semanariolaguna.com/25091/#prettyphoto[25091]/0/

Gang fight on El Chante malecon (not the Joco malecon), one guy shot at police who came to break it up, one policeman slightly injured, shooter arrested.

13 minutes ago, bdmowers said:

Gang fight on El Chante malecon (not the Joco malecon), one guy shot at police who came to break it up, one policeman slightly injured, shooter arrested.

The Joco Malecon borders El Chante so technically, it could be considered El Chante's Malecon too I assume.  I know of no other Malecon in Joco other than the one big one.

Thanks for "the other board" WideSky.  Oh how little I still know about this wonderful place, shootings aside!

12 hours ago, cedros said:

El Chante has their own large malecon that is quite separate and distant from the Jocotepec one.

Thanks cedros, I wasn't aware that El Chante had their own Malecon.

The El Chante malecon is quite large. Obviouly funded from the state or federal level. Last time I was there there weren't many extras aded to the malecon. Local women were using the rocks below it to wash their laundry. 

Archived