Chapala.com Webboard

House/pet sitters that are here year round

moonhill

I have an occasional need for house/pet sitters all through the year as I live here full time and like to travel. I can find people during the high season and also for extended periods, but my regular "go-to" person for off-season or shorter trips has had a tragic loss and is no longer available. If you or someone you know lives here year round and is an experienced house/pet sitter looking for extra work, please let me know.

Eureka Moonhill -- you've hit the jackpot.  I have been living in Lake Chapala year around for 7 years and house/pet sitting for 6 years.  I love what I do and although I maintain a 2 bedroom/2 bath casita in the Raquet Club, I am sitting 9 months out of the year with a number of clients just like you -- they rely on me.

Like any longtime reliable house/pet sitter, I do get booked up months in advance and many of my regulars actually plan their trips around my availability -- how lucky am I.  After all, I am their fur babies' Tia Stace.

Would luv the opportunity to discuss this with you in person -- and if you send me in a PM your email, I will send you a published article I wrote a few years ago about being a Lakeside Sitter and how I consider it such an honor to take care of people's pets and homes.

Looking forward to our connecting.

Stace -- the Dancing Queen

Claudia Gomez advertises in the pet section.  We love her.  We used her about 16 weeks last year and 1 1/2 weeks this year, so far, and think she's the best.  She's bi-lingual, so won't freak out if she has to talk to the maid or gardener.  She has her own car, in case she has to take a pet to the vet.  She's young and healthy and actually walks the dog, unlike some of the older pet sitters I've had.  She's honest.  I've left jewelry, cash, and computers out with no problems.  She's computer literate and sends me photos when I miss the kids.  She's clean and takes care of the house.  I think the house is cleaner when I return than when I leave.  I often have trouble determining if she's even been here other than she leaves the sheets clean and folded on the bed to tell me she's done the laundry.  And you know you've got a good sitter when the dog wants to go home with her and gets a little depressed after we return.  We love her to pieces. 

1 hour ago, d-d said:

Claudia Gomez advertises in the pet section.  We love her.  We used her about 16 weeks last year and 1 1/2 weeks this year, so far, and think she's the best.  She's bi-lingual, so won't freak out if she has to talk to the maid or gardener.  She has her own car, in case she has to take a pet to the vet.  She's young and healthy and actually walks the dog, unlike some of the older pet sitters I've had.  She's honest.  I've left jewelry, cash, and computers out with no problems.  She's computer literate and sends me photos when I miss the kids.  She's clean and takes care of the house.  I think the house is cleaner when I return than when I leave.  I often have trouble determining if she's even been here other than she leaves the sheets clean and folded on the bed to tell me she's done the laundry.  And you know you've got a good sitter when the dog wants to go home with her and gets a little depressed after we return.  We love her to pieces. 

What a wonderful reivew of Claudia.  However, doesn't she have a full time job that she is gone to all day?  We would be interested in her as long as she isn't gone all day long. Do you know?

Yes, Claudia works at Bellon insurance during the day.

Don't be fooled by retired people that tell you they will be in the house all day.  Our toughest pet sitter critics may be our neighbors who delight in telling us that, yet again, we've chosen the wrong pet sitter, despite having references.  They tell us that the sitters are gone during the day, and sometimes during the night.  One, who no longer lives here, left a bag of food on the floor and the back door open, while a family of mice moved into the new stove.  Another took on the job of watching the dog and cat, only to find out he couldn't stay in the house because of a cat allergy, telling us this after taking the money.  Once I returned to find a huge puddle of dried dog urine by the door and our dog is house trained.  They didn't even care enough to clean up their neglect.  Friends had a pet sitter that routinely double booked, spending little time with their pets.  Twice I've returned to find the laundry detergent, toilet paper, and garden tools missing. 

After living here seven years and traveling extensively we've had both good and bad sitters.  Claudia is our keeper, but if you're needs are different I respect that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Sorry to hear about dancing queen. As the OP for this thread I'm glad to see it coming back to life as I had a really bad experience with someone who responded to it after it was originally posted and now I can refresh my information.

We usually pay 250 pesos a day for someone to live in our house, take care of the animals and water plants, to answer someones question.

On 2/14/2018 at 8:46 AM, moonhill said:

Sorry to hear about dancing queen. As the OP for this thread I'm glad to see it coming back to life as I had a really bad experience with someone who responded to it after it was originally posted and now I can refresh my information.

We usually pay 250 pesos a day for someone to live in our house, take care of the animals and water plants, to answer someones question.

Sent you a PM

• 10 months later...

Brian and Allison Ristola:  747 200 1429 and they have Whats App:  brianristola@gmail.com  and they are on Trusted Housesitters . com   They are a mature couple in their 40's.  I found them on this blog but they are listed on Trusted House Sitters and have as many stars as you can earn.  We just returned from the states and they watched our house and pet.  They are EVERYTHING and MORE than has been said about them.  I came home to find my house just as people said:  "Cleaner than I left it for them"  (that was humbling)  They stayed with us some more days before their next house sit and when they left, i did not have to do one ounce of cleaning!!!  Our dog just loved them!!!  They will always be the first ones we ask from now on.  They have become great friends.

Archived