Chapala.com Webboard

mini solar systems advice

bdmowers

9 minutes ago, Paco Loco said:

I have for sale two 250 watt panels, a 30 amp MorningStar charge controller and an DC/AC inverter. All you need is two 12v deep cycle batteries and you have AC power.  PM me for more info.

Paco

Thanks, Paco, I appreciate your offer, but this is much more power than the family needs.

22 hours ago, Azzurro said:

There is a store in Centro Laguna that might help you. I saw there a small solar panel. I think the store's name is  Green Solutions. They are

close to the Scandinavian Bakery.

Green Solutions, despite its name, had no solar lighting, just a lot of incredibly expensive electrical lighting.  They also said they had no other solar solutions for lighting.  Now, if you wanted to lay down a lot of "green" you could contribute to the store`s "solution" to their need for money!

There are a wide range of "All In One" products available like these, from small to highway size, and with a small one, they could keep it outside during the day and bring it in at night.

?ui=2&ik=f0c6a7bb94&view=fimg&th=152167b53667aea9&attid=0.1&disp=emb&attbid=ANGjdJ_DZ1hHkm8dVDGWvfxU8U0x4mkULl6oMQwVp2C5mvvNDBCD-ah8n5eLvR1aFgUB2gP0uGXx7QfJQhtUmrBaGZAyEfH3MDjnGCv7rgWK2BfzdeLbsKF-P50SxFQ&sz=w914-h930&ats=1487099915251&rm=152167b53667aea9&zw&atsh=1

2 hours ago, Go Solar said:

There are a wide range of "All In One" products available like these, from small to highway size, and with a small one, they could keep it outside during the day and bring it in at night.

?ui=2&ik=f0c6a7bb94&view=fimg&th=152167b53667aea9&attid=0.1&disp=emb&attbid=ANGjdJ_DZ1hHkm8dVDGWvfxU8U0x4mkULl6oMQwVp2C5mvvNDBCD-ah8n5eLvR1aFgUB2gP0uGXx7QfJQhtUmrBaGZAyEfH3MDjnGCv7rgWK2BfzdeLbsKF-P50SxFQ&sz=w914-h930&ats=1487099915251&rm=152167b53667aea9&zw&atsh=1

Could you advise me as to where I might begin to investigate small versions of these products online or lakeside?  Are there some in the under $50US range? 

1 hour ago, bdmowers said:

Could you advise me as to where I might begin to investigate small versions of these products online or lakeside?  Are there some in the under $50US range? 

$25 US will get you 2 of these rechargeable yardlights from Amazon US. They MAY go through the night, if not get the higher capacity batteries installed (do it in a couple of minutes). Only drawback is they will have to be moved out every day to recharge and then brought back in to use. They even have auto dusk till dawn on/off. I have 4 similar ones and they work great.

https://www.amazon.com/180-Angle-Adjustable-Rechargeable-Waterproof-Spotlight/dp/B0157NU1QM/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1487108983&sr=8-7&keywords=rechargeable%2Bsolar%2Bgarden%2Bled%2Blight&th=1

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 5:03 PM, snowyela said:

$25 US will get you 2 of these rechargeable yardlights from Amazon US. They MAY go through the night, if not get the higher capacity batteries installed (do it in a couple of minutes). Only drawback is they will have to be moved out every day to recharge and then brought back in to use. They even have auto dusk till dawn on/off. I have 4 similar ones and they work great.

https://www.amazon.com/180-Angle-Adjustable-Rechargeable-Waterproof-Spotlight/dp/B0157NU1QM/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1487108983&sr=8-7&keywords=rechargeable%2Bsolar%2Bgarden%2Bled%2Blight&th=1

These do look good.  Unfortunately, Amazon says they don`t ship to us here in Chapala.  As for moving them, that`s fine, since the family  are out each day and can take them with them (so they don`t get stolen). Which ones did you order?

BD - did we cross wires somehow? I have a 13 watt panel for absolutely free to a good home. Come and pick it up, or I can drop it off somewhere if it works into our schedule. Start from there. Otherwise you have to order from China, where current prices are way below US/Canada/Mexico wholesale.

9 hours ago, bdmowers said:

These do look good.  Unfortunately, Amazon says they don`t ship to us here in Chapala.  As for moving them, that`s fine, since the family they`re for are out each day and can take them with them (so they don`t get stolen). Which ones did you order?

Sorry, here's another for $32 that apparently does ship to Mexico:https://www.amazon.com/Hausbell-Spotlight-Rechargeable-Landscape-Waterproof/dp/B013FJR8RU

and I imagine there are more there too around the same price range.

bdmowers,

if < $50 US is the target price, a better option might be to go with this kind of lantern:    long life, reliable, on-off-low-high adjustable, the only thing is it does need to be plugged in to charge, though it is so portable that perhaps they could take it elsewhere each day or two to do that, very little power is required so "virtually" no cost to charge it.

https://www.amazon.com/LANTERN-RUGGED-RECHARGEABLE-L-ION-C002/dp/B00VTJJ5J8/ref=sr_1_13?m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&s=warehouse-deals&ie=UTF8&qid=1487193861&sr=8-13&keywords=coleman+led+lantern

8 hours ago, Go Solar said:

bdmowers,

if < $50 US is the target price, a better option might be to go with this kind of lantern:    long life, reliable, on-off-low-high adjustable, the only thing is it does need to be plugged in to charge, though it is so portable that perhaps they could take it elsewhere each day or two to do that, very little power is required so "virtually" no cost to charge it.

https://www.amazon.com/LANTERN-RUGGED-RECHARGEABLE-L-ION-C002/dp/B00VTJJ5J8/ref=sr_1_13?m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&s=warehouse-deals&ie=UTF8&qid=1487193861&sr=8-13&keywords=coleman+led+lantern

Thanks,GoSolar, nice lamp, however, the family has no outlets or place to plug it in.

15 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

BD - did we cross wires somehow? I havoure a 13 watt panel for absolutely free to a good home. Come and pick it up, or I can drop it off somewhere if it works into our schedule. Start from there. Otherwise you have to order from China, where current prices are way below US/Canada/Mexico wholesale.

Sorry, Chillin, I appreciate your keeping up with me and your  generous offer, but I`ve decided to go with pathway lights for the family because of the cost of a panel/battery/ lighting system and the possibility of a system getting stolen.  They can take pathway lights with them during the day then put them inside at night.  Gracias.

15 hours ago, snowyela said:

Sorry, here's another for $32 that apparently does ship to Mexico:https://www.amazon.com/Hausbell-Spotlight-Rechargeable-Landscape-Waterproof/dp/B013FJR8RU

and I imagine there are more there too around the same price range.

Thanks, Snowy, I`ve found some for $13 that I am going to try out.  I found others similar to the ones you have suggested for $24 and no shipping that i will try if the ones I just ordered don`t work out.

10 hours ago, bdmowers said:

I've found some for $13 that I am going to try out.  I found others similar to the ones you have suggested for $24 and no shipping that i will try if the ones I just ordered don`t work out.

Glad to try to help, where did you manage to find the $13 and $24 no shipping ones? I'm always on the lookout for that kind of stuff.

8 hours ago, snowyela said:

Glad to try to help, where did you manage to find the $13 and $24 no shipping ones? I'm always on the lookout for that kind of stuff.

They are both on Amazon.  This is the  full name for the $24 one: 

Solar Spotlight AGPTEK [180°Angle Adjustable] 200 Lumens Solar White Spotlight / Rechargeable Waterproof Solar Powered Spotlight / Landscape Light - 2 Pack (White light) by AGPtek

This is the $13 one:

Oxyled 16 LED Super Bright Waterproof Solar Powered Light Motion Sensor Outdoor Garden Patio Path Wall Mount Gutter Fence Security Lamp Light Sold by: Thousandshores Inc

Archived