Chapala.com Webboard

Amazon Prime in Mexico

RocketPossum

Iwould like to buy an Alexa Echo and use it to listen to Amazon music here in Ajijic. In the States by subscribing to Amazon Prime you get Alexa access to Amazon music. I have read online that Amazon now allows streaming videos in Mexico. Id this true? And is Alexa access to Amazon music now possible?

Many thanks.

11 hours ago, dcstroker said:

Didn't say I got videos with echo. You can get videos with Amazon Prime though.

When I try to stream videos from Amazon Prime they won`t come thru.  What can I do to make them stream?

Depends on your Internet speed, and how well your computer is working. A slow PC with a build-up of Windows rot has a great effect on Internet streaming. Even at high, high speeds, lots of streaming still stutters on my well-maintained and very powerful computers.

5 hours ago, bdmowers said:

When I try to stream videos from Amazon Prime they won`t come thru.  What can I do to make them stream?

Your best bet is to use a VPN associated with a US location.  A Telmex IP with 8-10 mbps band width should be adequate to stream most movies from Amazon Prime without buffering.  ymmv

2 hours ago, gfresh said:

Your best bet is to use a VPN associated with a US location.  A Telmex IP with 8-10 mbps band width should be adequate to stream most movies from Amazon Prime without buffering.  ymmv

Gracias, gfresh, would you recommend AirVpn?

Amazon is way behind on getting the licensing to stream certain content in MX from the producers of that content. Netflix is ahead of the game. I have Prime on my Roku, with a MX ISP, and can only view a small amout of content. The Amazon content that it produces itself has the licensing, so you can view that programming. 

18 minutes ago, Honorandfaith said:

Amazon is way behind on getting the licensing to stream certain content in MX from the producers of that content. Netflix is ahead of the game. I have Prime on my Roku, with a MX ISP, and can only view a small amout of content. The Amazon content that it produces itself has the licensing, so you can view that programming. 

Yes, I have Prime and have seen the very small number of programs available.  Netflix has turned on a super snoop and can now see if you`re using a fooler so no watching US Netflix from Mexico currently unless someone has found another solution.

1 hour ago, Mainecoons said:

ExpressVPN continues to be the only provider that is reported as consistently thwarting Netflix blocking.  We have StrongVPN and they just can't seem to keep up with Netflix.

Is it costly?

Archived