Chapala.com Webboard

TR Paperless paperwork question

vinnie

Everything i have read on this board and at gob mex tells me to get a TR before entering into Mexico. They specify that i need Originals and copies of my bank statements for past year proving money in the bank. Problem is that I have been PAPERLESS for years at all my banks/brokers. I can download all my past statements in pdf from Schwab but will these be accepted at the mexican consulate??? As most Expats know going paperless is the first thing you do when exiting the US. I have been living in Guatemala for years and will have to make the arduous journey to the capital to do this. I am leaving because of increased crime and chaos where I live here. Thanks for all the helpful info here and sorry if this has been asked before.

Our printed online statements were accepted at Orlando FL Consulate last week.  We were told to make sure the account number, account holder name(s) and ending balance were provided for each month (12), even if that meant printing more than one page of each statement.  

That said, every consulate has its own rules and we emailed the Consulate a number of times to be certain of exactly what they wanted (it's a 2 hour one-way trip for us).  In Orlando, if financial statements of a married couple are in one individual's name, they require a copy of the marriage certificate.  

Archived