Chapala.com Webboard

Jailbroken Amazon Fire Stick with KODI Lakeside?

pedro malo

Any experts out there with experience using these jail broken Fire sticks with KODI?  Do they work Lakeside with a simple US based Amazon account?  Are the internet speeds substantial enough to support the streaming?  Which would be better in Joco, cable or phone internet?

Thanks!

For a tech challenged guy, what is this and what does it deliver? I have a huge satellite dish on top of my house and subscribe to Dish with a bogus U.S. address. My rate has escalated to US$75 a month and I only get basic cable...no networks or other channels and some go out at night and for sure in bad weather. Many channels have HD which is good and am basically happy with it but hearing about other options is always positive. Gracias.

6 hours ago, gringohombre said:

For a tech challenged guy, what is this and what does it deliver? I have a huge satellite dish on top of my house and subscribe to Dish with a bogus U.S. address. My rate has escalated to US$75 a month and I only get basic cable...no networks or other channels and some go out at night and for sure in bad weather. Many channels have HD which is good and am basically happy with it but hearing about other options is always positive. Gracias.

Welcome to the club!

Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV Box are gadgets that plug into your tv and allow you to watch movies and TV streaming over the internet.  A "Jail Broken" Fire Stick with KODI allows you to watch everything on earth for free on your TV!  Live streaming TV, news, movies, pay per view sports, etc., etc., from all over the world including movies still in theater.  Completely legal and KODI is downloaded onto the Fire Stick which normally has all of your Amazon provided programing.  You can set it up for KODI as long as you have a simple Amazon.com account that you buy things with or if you have Amazon Prime, you can also watch all of Amazon's programing as well.  It is an awesome little gadget that I was recently turned onto in the States but has been around for sometime already.  You no longer need satellite or any other pay TV because with KODI, you can watch anything ever recorded for free.  I even searched for old obscure Mexican movies from the Golden Era of Cinema and there they were!  I was just probing to see if my new little gadget might work in Mexico to bring one down to my house.  Looks like it will, YEAH!!  You just order a Fire Stick off of Amazon and it will come already registered to your account and then you find someone or you yourself can "Jail Break" it by downloading KODI along with add ons.  I had someone on eBay program mine since I too am challenged and threatened by this technology.  Cost me 20 buck but now I'm realizing it is super easy to do by following the tutorials on Youtube.  I'm going to try one on my own to bring to Mexico.

Thanks everyone for the confirmation! 

https://www.amazon.com/All-New-Fire-TV-Stick-With-Alexa-Voice-Remote-Streaming-Media-Player/dp/B00ZV9RDKK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1486772609&sr=8-1&keywords=amazon+fire+stick

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00U3FPN4U/ref=fs_ods_fs_smp_se

PS Fire TV Box will upgrade your viewing to 4K definition!

1 minute ago, pappysmarket said:

Are you sure it's legal?

The person that turned me onto it is a law enforcement official and he says it's perfectly legal.  Look into it.

http://www.nettbee.com/M8S+-M8S-Plus-TV-Box-XingYa-Fully-Loaded-KODI-Quad-Core-Android-5.1-Smart-Set-Top-+-Free-Wireless-Keyboard.html

This company based in Guadalajara, Mexico delivered it FedEx in 3 weeks for free and I paid cash at OXXO. I didn´t have to register it anywhere and just connected it with an HDMI cable. I have Telmex 10 meg download - 1 meg up internet and it works fine. The free bluetooth mini keyboard is great. KODI is amazing and works in Mexico.

1 hour ago, pappysmarket said:

Are you sure it's legal?

Hey pappy, your question inspired me to investigate a little.  The answer is not completely clear and depends on where you are in the world.  In the EU, not completely legal.  In the US some grey areas.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/feature/photo-video/is-kodi-legal-streaming-movies-tv-3640854/

FWIW,  Just to be clear with Kodi, Kodi is a media center application, like Plex, Windows Media Center, so you can watch your videos, photos, etc..  The grey area is what non-personal content YOU choose to watch.  This is IPTV, so the sources, website URLs, of the content "may be" violating someone's copy rights of the content, ie. Movies, TV shows, etc.. Kinda like those DVDs sold in the parking lot of Superlake.  

The application KODI can be downloaded to almost any internet connected device, smartphones, tablets, PCs, Roku, AppleTV(?), and Fire sticks, it's an APP.  Kodi can be configured to Cast to TV via Google Home aka ChromeCast, or other casting apps.

• 3 months later...

Before you go around asking about Jail Breaking Kodi, I think you should first go through the legal aspects of it. Moreover, simply what you need to understand is that Kodi is itself legal but refrain from using any Kodi Boxes that have some jailbroken software and illegal add-ons installed on it. Furthermore, when streaming on Kodi, remember to always use a Kodi VPN to stay safe while streaming, torrenting or downloading, because you never know when DMCA notices come knocking on your doors. Trust me, I have seen a lot of innocent guys getting busted with Kodi devices. So, stay safe and stream safe, buddy. 

Archived