Chapala.com Webboard

Shaw bill goes up every billing perios.

J.Miller

On 2/10/2017 at 6:50 AM, hensley said:

I have the Platinum Package and I pay $147 CD for it a month.

I live in Canada. in 2015 I was paying $81 CAD per month and now I pay $92 per month.   No change in service provided.    I guess $3/day is fair pricing.    My wife likes to schedule all of those murder mystery shows like NCIS, so I do not see myself dropping the satellite and switching to streaming video as she would just be frustrated with the programming required.

Yes, I have Shaw here. Yes, I know it is covered by laws in grey areas. And yes, I know there are haters who are going to jump up and say "It's not grey at all!". But guess what? I pay by bank transfer, from my Canadian account, and if you think that deserves to be charged IVA, then boy are you barking down the wrong toilet.

Why is this board all about the hate these days? Whatever happened to keeping your judgments to yourself, using good manners, and being civil?

On 2/9/2017 at 8:20 AM, lumieretoo said:

Tried streaming several times, not worth the aggravation.

I am fairly happy with Shaw and PVR - I do not have enough bandwidth to try Streaming.    Can I assume that the convenience of the PVR (program to record only new airings of your favourite shows) is not possible from some streaming box like Blackstream TV, Sling TV, playmo TV and because you would be saving the content, possibly illegal.  

9 hours ago, J.Miller said:

So, getting back to my question: can anyone, or all, supply me with a list of Lakeside providers by PM?  I would like to contact a few for some information.

You may have to get that information by PM as it isn't exactly legal. Providers may be reluctant to have their names posted openly.

Archived