Chapala.com Webboard

Recommendation For Doctor in Jocotepec?

pedro malo

21 hours ago, barbara habacht said:

Be VERY, VERY, careful in Joco.

Fred Habacht

Yes Fred, so far I haven't had  good luck either.  We have in common bad experiences with a "Doctora" here who came highly recommended a few years back.  Took my niece who woke up with a terrible tummy ache (after having ate a bad quesedilla the day before?) and after all the battery of in office tests were done, I was given a bill for 7000 pesos back when the rate was 11p to  1US!  Niece was given a couple tablets and an IV and was as good as new in a couple hours.  Guess they saw the "GRINGO" sign branded into my forehead coming through the door!  Strange thing is after all the tests and 7000 peso bill, the Doctora never confirmed what the problem was.  I assumed a light case of food poisoning and can only guess that the diagnosis was withheld out of embarrassment for what I was being billed.  And then I heard your awful story…...  

I was hoping there might be someone else beside Doctora Ramos who I've only heard good things about, who might be good around here.  I have no need for a gynecologist.

Fred, who did you say you go to now?  Someone in Ajijic? 

At least a list of the good Dr's in Chapala has recently been posted.  That's not too far to drive.

Thanks to all for your caring advice!

pm

We use Quality Care....there is no perfect solution and no perfect doctor...that is why they call it "medical practice." We investigated as well as we could...tried, without knowing , another of the three doctor deaths in Ajijic and then a Doctora who used to be near Quality Care's office and finally sat down with some of the ones we are with now. Mi esposa is improved...never going to be where she was before our Joco deal and we almost, also did the "pacemaker" or you'll die in three weeks deal.

What is really sad...is that some folks have to be badly overcharged, medically hurt, damaged...while they play "russian roulette" trying to find a decent practitioner.

Now...don't ask for names....they are easy to figure out and yes, I expect some to disagree with my take. It is just like elections.

Fred Habacht

Dra. Teresa Morales on Morales in Jocotepec is very competent, professional, and thorough but some think she is too expensive. Try her and see what you think rather than listening to naysayers. IMHO she is much better than some of the highly rated doctors in other Lakeside towns. 

Archived