Chapala.com Webboard

Going from Temporal to Permanente

foto519

57 minutes ago, foto519 said:

Is it possible to go from  temporal to permanente before the 4 years are up?

If so, what is the process?

I went Permanente after only one year of Temporal.  When I originally applied in Canada, they said I had to go Temporal.  When I arrived here, I hired Spencer McMullen.  He told me that when I came back for my renewal the next year, he would change it to Permanante.  Spencer said that even if you only show one dollar's worth of pension income, as long as your total monthly income is over the amount required, you can qualify for Permanente!

18 hours ago, suegarn said:

I went Permanente after only one year of Temporal.  When I originally applied in Canada, they said I had to go Temporal.  When I arrived here, I hired Spencer McMullen.  He told me that when I came back for my renewal the next year, he would change it to Permanante.  Spencer said that even if you only show one dollar's worth of pension income, as long as your total monthly income is over the amount required, you can qualify for Permanente!

They look at more than just your financials when you apply for permanante.  A friend of mine was denied permanante and told she could only go temporal when she applied in Ottawa. 

She had more than enough financials to meet the requirements, but at the interview    they asked about assets and she told them she owns a house and apartment building.. They said she has to many ties to Canada so could only go temporal

When  I had my interview I said I had no assets and I intended to move full time to Mexico.. My permanante was approved..

Hi,

Yes you can if you show income and you receive a pension or social security.  My office can help

Spencer

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 4:23 PM, suegarn said:

How much did he charge you for this service?????????

We go daily to immigration so we see the changes, office same location last 6 years, no working out of the trunk of a car, plenty of copiers,you can print your bank statements at our office, 2 of us are official court translators so we get translations done very fast and have had thousands of clients so have seen it all.

• 2 weeks later...

We have friends, non Spanish speaking expats who managed the whole process without a facilitator? The immigration office staff are extremely helpful!

My experience with this law office started out quite well over a number of years, but ended on a 15 minute meeting to discuss new document requirements. After waiting in the outer office for 20 min, our appointment proceeded with continual interruptions. As a conclusion, a request for $500 peso's was tabled in addition to the offices standard fees to move from temporal to permenante. 100 pesos per min?? Come on!

I don't have a dog in this hunt, but......   Professional Service Consultation is often just that; one pays for the professional service/knowledge  rendered not a per minute charge like cellphone service. I also don't quite understand the comment about 100 pesos per min.....  500 pesos for a 15 minute appointment would be more like 33 pesos per minute.

Having said that, I also think that the office could stand to have less interruptions when one is in for consultation or services.... especially if one came with an appointment. But at the end of the day, I will continue to use that office for my (limited) requirements. I also appreciate the tons of free and valuable information that office provides on these forums!  Just my take.....

4 hours ago, mkshawn said:

We have friends, non Spanish speaking expats who managed the whole process without a facilitator? The immigration office staff are extremely helpful!

My experience with this law office started out quite well over a number of years, but ended on a 15 minute meeting to discuss new document requirements. After waiting in the outer office for 20 min, our appointment proceeded with continual interruptions. As a conclusion, a request for $500 peso's was tabled in addition to the offices standard fees to move from temporal to permenante. 100 pesos per min?? Come on!

True you don't need a facilitator. But using one makes the process so much easier, you only need to go to IMN for fingerprints and to pick up your card.. 

When I went to pick up my card last Dec I was the only one out of ten people that they gave their card to, the others were told "Not available"  I know some of them never used a facilitator, but I'm sure some did... 

I used Veronica who is at LCS. On Monday's and Tuesday's.. Well worth her fee...

We back our service and have experience, some go to Maria in San Antonio but we have seen cases where people were denied as she doesnt analyze the papers nor see why people are rejected, people even as recently as last year were rejected due to bad advice from immigration and small firms.  Expensive???  Magos charges more than we do and we are better.  We get busy as if we werent you would have to wonder about us. 

36 minutes ago, Prudent said:

Spencer is a true asset to this board. I suggest that you send a private message if you don't recommend him.

As you have mentioned Spencer's name  you give me the opportunity to respond..

i have never recommend him or said anything against him..  And as he has decided to trash others in his line of work so again he gives me the opportunity to respond. So I will relay my experience with him..

Asset to this board... He trolls this board for business.  And to trash others is very unprofessional...

Severall years ago I retained him to deal with some issues I had with my TIP. 

First meeting and I quote "Yes we can help you with that.. "  But after paying his fee and waiting months and just getting excuse after excuse I gave up...

• 4 weeks later...

I'd have hired Spence if I could've afforded him, but I don't have that kind of money. He got me my Aduana papers in 2012 after i received my work permit RT. Fast service and only 250 pesos. Papers delivered to my school for signature, and papers delivered to my house when finished in Guadalajara.

This time around someone talked me out of going to him saying "expensive". I tried someone else lakeside while I was working for 2 months at a lakeside school. Both sides were playing me. No one had the intention to get me a work permit. The lawyer and principal knew each other. If the lawyer had been doing the job, or taken money I had offered, (always refused my money) I would have cut to the chase and dumped the stupid job and moved on faster, preventing a trip to the border for another tourist visa and TIP. The good thing was , I never paid a cent. The bad thing was, nobody cut to the chase. These "nice people" can be the most deceptive. You get what you pay for. I am a do-it-yourself-er, but it seems to me that it is nearly impossible to attain the work visa DIY now. I have someone from GDL currently. All he does is work permits. He advised me last week to dump  another school that was playing me so I wouldn't be in the same boat in another 6 months. I have found since Sept. of last year that the majority of even the most reputable schools I had worked for in the past either don't have what it takes for INM to approve them to legally represent the extranjero OR they'd just rather pay you under the table, promising to get you the visa when they have no intention because they are desperate for a teacher. I have had 2 work visas in this country. it is no cinch to attain this these days from my current experience with several different schools both here at the lake and in Guad. Get a lawyer right away if this is what you need, and make sure they know the work permit process. Alot of lawyers seem to know the RT and PT where one is proving financials, but have no clue to the work permit processes.(from my experience)

Archived