Chapala.com Webboard

Market Day Tlaquepaque

dboisclair

Tlaquepaque does not have the street tianques in the manner that you find in Tonala.  You can go on any day you wish & your visitors will enjoy it.  Be sure to schedule lunch at El Patio, on Independencia at 2PM with a nice musical combo on weekends, followed by Mariachi Feminil at 3-4PM. 

2 hours ago, bmw1150rt said:

I would suggest Casa Luna for lunch, far better food and more upscale.  it's only a block down the street. After lunch go to El Patio to see the Mariachi.

I agree with bmw1150rt on the choice of restaurant for lunch in Tlaquepaque.  The food and ambiance is fabulous at Casa Luna!  But definitely check out the female Mariachi band at El Patio after lunch.

Just a heads up since there's been talk of "backlash" on other threads. We ended up for lunch at the big restaurant pavilion across from the Mecado. It's a huge pavilion with at least six-eight restaurants built around a big internal square. Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the particular restaurant but they treated us VERY poorly. It went far beyond just poor service or indifference - there's no question in my mind it was deliberate and more than a little disconcerting. At one point, even aggressive and it really put a damper on what otherwise would have been a great day.

If you are both referring to the many El Parian restaurants, in Tlaquepaque, you are not alone. The food is marginal and the service is always poor. It is an entertainment venue, especially for the afternoon mariachi show on weekends, with most patrons simply ordering a beer and some even avoiding that.   A decade or more ago, it was better, but not much.

Archived