Chapala.com Webboard

recommendation for doctor in Chapala

bdmowers

Does anyone have a recommendation for a general practice doctor specifically in Chapala, not Ajijic?  Gracias.

I havent used him yet, but after having talked to a lot of Mexicans here, he comes as highly recommended : Dr Carlos Rivera Mendoza, on Guerrero, between Morelos and Lopez Cotilla.  I will go there next time I need a doctor. He is a pediatrician, but also works as a general practice doctor.

Rony

1 hour ago, El Saltos said:

Dr. Juan Pablo Loza.  He's superb.  33-3141-3364  

His office is on Guerrero about 3 blocks north of the American Legion.

I second Dr. Loza. He has been my doctor for eight years. He is an excellent diagnostician. He listens to you carefully and takes what you say into account. If it matters, he speaks French and excellent English. 

29 minutes ago, Xena said:

I second Dr. Loza. He has been my doctor for eight years. He is an excellent diagnostician. He listens to you carefully and takes what you say into account. If it matters, he speaks French and excellent English. 

Thanks, all for your recommendations. Thanks, Xena, for mentioning Dr. Loza`s English capability.  That still is an important factor for me.

Might anyone have a more exact location for him, or even, calling upon my lucky stars, an address?

Adding another recommendation for Dr. Juan Pablo. Xena is right on in her description of how he operates. He works very hard at finding the cause of your issue, instead of throwing drugs at your symptoms.

Actually, I have Guerrero 141-A in my contacts for him. If you are headed toward Cristiania Park on Morelos with the American Legion on your right, the next cross street is Guerrero. Turn left (north), go one block, and Dr. JP's office is on your right, on the northeast corner of the intersection of Guerrero and Lopez Cotilla. It's a white building with "Consultorio Guerrero" painted on it. His email is:  dr.jploza (the "at" sign) hotmail.com. If you don't get anywhere with his office number, PM me and I will send you his cell number.

My husband and I highly recommend Dr Sam Thelin. He has successfully treated several uncommon health issues we have faced. He listens and is generally concerned about his patients.

Contact information

Josefa Ortiz de Dominguez № 3
Col. El Refugio (Plaza de Toros)

Monday through Friday 4pm to 8pm

(376) 765 3692

http://drsamchapala.com/wp/

4 hours ago, kbleitch said:

Adding another recommendation for Dr. Juan Pablo. Xena is right on in her description of how he operates. He works very hard at finding the cause of your issue, instead of throwing drugs at your symptoms.

Actually, I have Guerrero 141-A in my contacts for him. If you are headed toward Cristiania Park on Morelos with the American Legion on your right, the next cross street is Guerrero. Turn left (north), go one block, and Dr. JP's office is on your right, on the northeast corner of the intersection of Guerrero and Lopez Cotilla. It's a white building with "Consultorio Guerrero" painted on it. His email is:  dr.jploza (the "at" sign) hotmail.com. If you don't get anywhere with his office number, PM me and I will send you his cell number.

Thanks much.  I received yet another recommendation from a friend via email for Dr.  Loza.  He is just around the corner from where I live. I stopped in today but he was busy.

Thanks, MtMama, for your recommendation.  I appreciate it.  Maybe he will be a " second opinion".

Another great doctor that we go to and we really like is Oscar Ibarra, he speaks great English and he also is primarily a pediatrician but works as a general practitioner as well, and will see anyone.  His clinic is on Miguel Martinez, if you go to the bus station, walk down Miguel Martinez along where the buses line up.  When you get to the corner where the Telas Central fabric store is, he is just one block past there on the right.  You will see a nursery or a house with a long narrow hallway and it looks like they are attempting to sell plants and flowers out of it, his clinic is right next door.  It is white building.  He has Mexican prices. 

3 hours ago, dichosalocura said:

Another great doctor that we go to and we really like is Oscar Ibarra, he speaks great English and he also is primarily a pediatrician but works as a general practitioner as well, and will see anyone.  His clinic is on Miguel Martinez, if you go to the bus station, walk down Miguel Martinez along where the buses line up.  When you get to the corner where the Telas Central fabric store is, he is just one block past there on the right.  You will see a nursery or a house with a long narrow hallway and it looks like they are attempting to sell plants and flowers out of it, his clinic is right next door.  It is white building.  He has Mexican prices. 

530 Miguel Martinez, Chapala, 765-4001

7 hours ago, dichosalocura said:

I concur. Have been seeing him for years and yes he does not charge a ridiculous gringo price. I guess it's interesting,  at our age, that we start seeing a Pediatrician again.

1 hour ago, ned small said:

I concur. Have been seeing him for years and yes he does not charge a ridiculous gringo price. I guess it's interesting,  at our age, that we start seeing a Pediatrician again.

Do you know of his English abilities?

14 hours ago, MtnMama said:

My husband and I highly recommend Dr Sam Thelin. He has successfully treated several uncommon health issues we have faced. He listens and is generally concerned about his patients.

Contact information

Josefa Ortiz de Dominguez № 3
Col. El Refugio (Plaza de Toros)

Monday through Friday 4pm to 8pm

(376) 765 3692

http://drsamchapala.com/wp/

Does he have abilities in the English language?

1 hour ago, lumieretoo said:

Dr. Aceves. I have been seeing him for 18 years. He is a caring individual, General Practitioner and Microbiologist and makes house calls. Has arranged surgeries for me, catscans, etc.  http://www.lakesidedirectory.com/business/draceves.html

Thank you, lumieretoo.  Are you a filmmaker?  Your informational offering is greatly appreciated.

Archived