Chapala.com Webboard

Fedex opening in Ajijic

This morning on my way home from errands I saw a group of young Fedex employees on the carretera, one dressed as a Fedex truck - they would seem to be advertising the new place.  Maybe it has opened or is shortly to open.  The mail service inside Plaza Bugambilias acts as an agent of Fedex.

9 minutes ago, bournemouth said:

This morning on my way home from errands I saw a group of young Fedex employees on the carretera, one dressed as a Fedex truck - they would seem to be advertising the new place.  Maybe it has opened or is shortly to open.  The mail service inside Plaza Bugambilias acts as an agent of Fedex.

Ishop is also a FedEx agent. Why do they need their own office? Up goes the price of mail boxes and maybe the cost of couriered mail.(FedEx, DHL). Estafeta is the only one with any sense. They have been closing their own offices and appointing agents.

I received an email yesterday saying FedEx was discontinuing their international service as of March 1, 2017.

This was a warning to finish any of that service as it will stop permanently.

This was an official looking document from FedEx, however, who knows in today´s world what is true!

I, too, saw the gang of FedEx hawkers at the lights in front of Farm Guad.

Dave, in answer to your question, FedEx costs more at iShop because they add their fee, and when I sent my papers off to the Embassy in Mexico for a passport renewal, iShop refused to have them delivered to my house, necessitating yet another trip to their shop to pick up the envelope. Very, very costly. I would have to assume FedEx wants some more of that.

6 hours ago, ezpz said:

There already is a FedEX place inside Plaza Bugambilias.  I wonder if that is the same business that will occupy the new building.

The shop you`re referring to is Sol y Luna. It is a FedEx agent but not run by FedEx.

• 1 month later...
On 2/6/2017 at 1:18 PM, Sr. Sherry said:

I received an email yesterday saying FedEx was discontinuing their international service as of March 1, 2017.

This was a warning to finish any of that service as it will stop permanently.

This was an official looking document from FedEx, however, who knows in today´s world what is true!

Am waiting for a FedEx delivery today from the U.S. Tracking shows it is out for delivery. 

In the last two weeks I have sent two lots of documents to the US,  using their economical rate.  In both cases the envelopes arrived in Tucson the following day, within 24  hours of leaving them at the local office.  As I did take them to the Fedex office,  there were no issues of waiting around for people to show.

The drivers usually arrive at the same time.  for us in Chapala centro Fedex comes 12.30pm to 2.30pm and UPS 2.50pm to 3.45pm.  If it is your first time getting a package you will learn the times they arrive in your area.

• 2 months later...

Archived