Chapala.com Webboard

Jimmy D's Ajijic

hensley

At the Ajijic Plaza Suites Hotel off the plaza, we went because of the reviews on here. We were the only ones there at about 8:30am and then a few more people came in. The tables are spaced out nicely, so there is room so you are not on top of each other. The menu had a nice variety on it. I had the Skillet and hubby had the biscuits and gravy and they were both good, the skillet was huge! Good prices.

There were no smokers or dogs.

The only negative thing I would have to say is I didn't care for the mexican dishes, when you run your fork across them it is like fingernails on a chalk board.

Nice experience and we will be back.

I went there for the first time for breakfast this morning.  Had their special omelette stuffed with spinach and mushroom and it had a creamy garlic sauce over top.  Along with the omelette, you get homemade toasted bread, sliced banana and strawberry.  I also got a side order of their delicious hash browns.  It was probably one of the tastiest breakfasts that I've had in years!  I ate half of it there, then took the rest home and had it for dinner!  

Definitely going back!

John and I went about a month ago and thoroughly enjoyed the meal, ambiance, service, etc.  We'd have been back but I'm desperately trying to lose weight for the upcoming LLT production of "Chicago".  I do look forward to some sumptuous meals there in about a month, LOL!

Valerie :)

5 hours ago, hensley said:

Yes Mexican plates that are rough to eat off of.

Interestingly we went there many weeks back when it was very" cool" and asked for an inside table!! sorry no inside.

OK.  Please make sure the plates are hot. Breakfast arrived and plates not hot...Why we asked why. "Because the customers says the food taste's funny when we warm the plates", !! really. 

I wonder why they do not have "regular" plates. Whilst the food and staff were pleasant, I can not understand why people "rave" about the place (hash browns OMG)

It's true, these earthenware plates have a sealant on them that releases fumes when heated. They are dirt cheap, though... at least they used to be. I actually fried in the pans made the same way a few times, back when I was excited about "everything Mexican!", until the smell put me off. And there have long been complaints about lead in the material, although there supposedly are laws about that now.

Archived