Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard
HarryB

Seguro Popular treatment.

Recommended Posts

There is a long thread about documents , but, I thought a separate thread is warranted about treatment experiences.

A friend of mine is in the Joco hospital for surgery. His room is a triple , but, as a gringo they have kept it private. He needed someone there with him as a hospital rule. For mexicans this is always a family member. We were able to get him student/grad. nurses on a 12 hour shift. I don't know what they are getting paid.

He went to the hospital and was admitted immediately. His surgery was the next day. His surgery and followup is fully covered and he may need a second surgery tomorrow. Yesterday he also was visited by a specialist in his area of need. When I visited there was security and only one person was allowed in to visit. I am impressed.

I know that the Joco hospital periodically does bulk surgeries i.e. cataracts. People come in advance for labs and have their surgeries on a given day.

I know people can go to the Six Corner Ajijic clinic. I believe they can also go to the Chapala Municipal Clinic.  I also believe there is a well thought of clinic in Joco. I don't know if Chapala has a separate SP clinic like Ajijic. All of these also take IMSS, I believe.

FYI I am part of a group working on a local Dialysis clinic.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not know if this is true but I was told that the Joco hospital is for IMSS only even though there is some type of Seguro Popular sign on the premises. I would like to know if they do accept Seguro Popular.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Monessen said:

I do not know if this is true but I was told that the Joco hospital is for IMSS only even though there is some type of Seguro Popular sign on the premises. I would like to know if they do accept Seguro Popular.

It is a Seguro Popular hospital....check out this story.   http://www.theguadalajarareporter.net/index.php/news/news/lake-chapala/48224-jocotepec-hospital-noted-for-outstanding-service

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is not a seq pop hospital. Anybody can use this hospital.  It is run by the Jalisco department of health.  The hospital does accept S.P insurance for payment as the hospital civil and the green Cross in GDL .

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎03‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 6:09 PM, JerryS said:

It is not a seq pop hospital. Anybody can use this hospital.  It is run by the Jalisco department of health.  The hospital does accept S.P insurance for payment as the hospital civil and the green Cross in GDL .

 

It is a Seguro Popular hospital directly built and  financed by the Seguro Popular division of the Secretaria de Salud. They are the top administrators  [Federal government Secretaria de Salud] in every state and CDMX but in every state the underling administrators and most of the staff run Health Services of [insert state name here] Jalisco  are state employees and in your statement Jalisco Department of Health Services is administrated at the top and financed by Jalisco, but it is not. All the money comes from The Secretaria de Salud in CDMX and goes to Federal Secretaria de Salud administrators in each state and CDMX and then these monies are handed over as required to the different State Health Services to pay for everything. The Federal Secretaria de Salud also oversees all policies and services of all 3 socialized medicine arms in Mexico, SP, IMSS and ISSSTE and finances large portions of each. My wife recently retired after 38 years of service and lastly as a top federal government administrator of the Federal Secretaria de Salud for the Seguro Popular in our state of San Luis Potosí. It is a very complex system to understand.

 

Hospital Civil in Guadalajara in part of the Seguro Popular system, and a  training hospital for the Jalisco state university and existed before the Seguro Popular started almost 20 years ago. It is a complex integration to understand but was not built and operated as a Seguro Popular hospital like most large and small non state university training hospitals are now. The large SP hospital in Zapopan is another complex integration of the Seguro Popular.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this thread was supposed to be about treatment???????????????????????????

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2017 at 8:38 AM, AlanMexicali said:

It is a Seguro Popular hospital directly built and  financed by the Seguro Popular division of the Secretaria de Salud. They are the top administrators  [Federal government Secretaria de Salud] in every state and CDMX but in every state the underling administrators and most of the staff run Health Services of [insert state name here] Jalisco  are state employees and in your statement Jalisco Department of Health Services is administrated at the top and financed by Jalisco, but it is not. All the money comes from The Secretaria de Salud in CDMX and goes to Federal Secretaria de Salud administrators in each state and CDMX and then these monies are handed over as required to the different State Health Services to pay for everything. The Federal Secretaria de Salud also oversees all policies and services of all 3 socialized medicine arms in Mexico, SP, IMSS and ISSSTE and finances large portions of each. My wife recently retired after 38 years of service and lastly as a top federal government administrator of the Federal Secretaria de Salud for the Seguro Popular in our state of San Luis Potosí. It is a very complex system to understand.

 

Hospital Civil in Guadalajara in part of the Seguro Popular system, and a  training hospital for the Jalisco state university and existed before the Seguro Popular started almost 20 years ago. It is a complex integration to understand but was not built and operated as a Seguro Popular hospital like most large and small non state university training hospitals are now. The large SP hospital in Zapopan is another complex integration of the Seguro Popular.

The Jocotepec Community hospital accepts SP insurance but it was not built by SP nor managed by SP.

http://semanariolaguna.com/9885/

The clinic on Donato Guerra is listed on the SP website but the hospital is not listed as part of SP.

http://www.seguropopularjalisco.gob.mx/pagina/index.php

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Joco said:

The Jocotepec Community hospital accepts SP insurance but it was not built by SP nor managed by SP.

http://semanariolaguna.com/9885/

The clinic on Donato Guerra is listed on the SP website but the hospital is not listed as part of SP.

http://www.seguropopularjalisco.gob.mx/pagina/index.php

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?act=url&depth=1&hl=es&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=es&sp=nmt4&tl=en&u=http://www.informador.com.mx/jalisco/2015/591818/6/inicia-operaciones-el-hospital-comunitario-de-jocotepec.htm&usg=ALkJrhjhUU1fZt6vCGs0NoKo8fcnZJboJw


"Por su parte, la secretaria de Salud del Gobierno de la República afirmó que ante los índices elevados en enfermedades crónico-degenerativas y renales, es necesario ampliar los servicios de prevención de la salud.

For its part, the Secretary of Health of the Government of the Republic said that in view of the high rates of chronic-degenerative and renal diseases, it is necessary to expand health prevention services."

 

My information came from this Informador newspaper article I had bookmarked some time ago. It reads, clearly to me at least, that it is definately a Seguro Popular community hospital. I could have misunderstood exactly the details of the article. The photos on all 3 webpages posted here have it painted exactly like all the other Seguro Popular hospitals  outside and inside.

Spanish:

http://www.informador.com.mx/jalisco/2015/591818/6/inicia-operaciones-el-hospital-comunitario-de-jocotepec.htm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Joco said:

The Jocotepec Community hospital accepts SP insurance but it was not built by SP nor managed by SP.

http://semanariolaguna.com/9885/

The clinic on Donato Guerra is listed on the SP website but the hospital is not listed as part of SP.

http://www.seguropopularjalisco.gob.mx/pagina/index.php

Well now, Joco, I think you're nitpicking here.  Most people don't care who it was built or managed by, only by what insurance coverage is accepted at any particular hospital.  I was correcting someone regarding the difference between IMSS and Seguro Popular covered hospitals!  Jocotopec Hospital doesn't accept IMSS for coverage according to this article, those people would have to pay......http://www.theguadalajarareporter.net/index.php/news/news/lake-chapala/48224-jocotepec-hospital-noted-for-outstanding-service

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, AlanMexicali said:

My information came from this Informador newspaper article I had bookmarked some time ago. It reads, clearly to me at least, that it is definately a Seguro Popular community hospital. I could have misunderstood exactly the details of the article. The photos on all 3 webpages posted here have it painted exactly like all the other Seguro Popular hospitals  outside and inside.

Spanish:

http://www.informador.com.mx/jalisco/2015/591818/6/inicia-operaciones-el-hospital-comunitario-de-jocotepec.htm

This article states that it is  a community hospital that accepts SP membership. The SP clinic in Joco built the same time as  the hospital, is shown on the SP website as being an SP location.  The hospital is not listed.

http://semanariolaguna.com/9885/

"In addition, the hospital had a federal government investment of 117 million 327 000 32 pesos, clinical and radiographic features laboratory, said the CEO, Julio Cesar Moreno Flores."

"Moreno Flores explained that attention be given not only to the beneficiaries of Seguro Popular, "but who needs it."

"It's a kind Civil Hospital but Seguro Popular accounts, you will be served and charges you only recovery costs, according to a tabulator," said the doctor."

What difference does this make? My comment was about the pharmacy not having a large drug selection. You  posted all the drugs that SP inventories. This hospital is not run by SP and  it doesn't have the same inventory.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, suegarn said:

Well now, Joco, I think you're nitpicking here.  Most people don't care who it was built or managed by, only by what insurance coverage is accepted at any particular hospital.  I was correcting someone regarding the difference between IMSS and Seguro Popular covered hospitals!  Jocotopec Hospital doesn't accept IMSS for coverage according to this article, those people would have to pay......http://www.theguadalajarareporter.net/index.php/news/news/lake-chapala/48224-jocotepec-hospital-noted-for-outstanding-service

I was responding to your comment that you were told to go to a private pharmacy and you didn't think the hospital had a pharmacy. I didn't write anything about IMSS. AlanMexicali posted a list of medicines that SP has in its pharmacies.  I reiterated that because it is not SP, it has a limited inventory of drugs.

How is explaining that the hospital does have a pharmacy but it is limited infer anything about  IMSS and being nitpicky?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joco said:

I was responding to your comment that you were told to go to a private pharmacy and you didn't think the hospital had a pharmacy. I didn't write anything about IMSS. AlanMexicali posted a list of medicines that SP has in its pharmacies.  I reiterated that because it is not SP, it has a limited inventory of drugs.

How is explaining that the hospital does have a pharmacy but it is limited infer anything about  IMSS and being nitpicky?

What SP and or IMSS pharmacy's are suppose to have in stock and what they actually have available can academic 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joco, this is the part of your quote that I was responding to......

  On 2/5/2017 at 2:22 PM, Joco said:

The Jocotepec Community hospital accepts SP insurance but it was not built by SP nor managed by SP.

    I wasn't responding to the part about the pharmacy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do they treat dementia?   :wacko:

There seems to be a contagious variety in the area.  :angry:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2017 at 6:08 PM, AlanMexicali said:

Photo:

1171046[1].jpg

We covered that. The hospital accepts SP insurance. If you look at the SP website, it has the SP clinic in Joco listed as one of its facilities but not the hospital. I think SP knows what buildings it owns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2017 at 7:52 PM, suegarn said:

Joco, this is the part of your quote that I was responding to......

The Jocotepec Community hospital accepts SP insurance but it was not built by SP nor managed by SP.

    I wasn't responding to the part about the pharmacy

You were not responding to anything I wrote. I have no control over your responses to other posts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Joco said:

We covered that. The hospital accepts SP insurance. If you look at the SP website, it has the SP clinic in Joco listed as one of its facilities but not the hospital. I think SP knows what buildings it owns.

As if you think Mexican government websites get updated regularly. It  actually is a Seguro Popular community hospital as stated in all of the news articles. Not clearly stated but considering who was at the opening and who was being quoted; one was the Federal director of the Secretaria de Salud and another was the federal commisioner of the Seguro Popular and other stated things like funded/invested money of the federal government etc.. Also it is written on the building itself.

You wrote: "It's a kind Civil Hospital but Seguro Popular accounts, you will be served and charges you only recovery costs, according to a tabulator," said the doctor."

This is a mistranslation and should read: "It's a kind of Civil Hospital if not Seguro Popular accounts [patients enrolled in the SP], you will be served and you will be charged only recovery costs, according to a tabulator," said the doctor."

This means this SP hospital is open to non members of the SP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK Harry here is some info about treatment at the hospital in the Las Fuentes area. My friend has Seguros Popular and needed surgery for a severe bunion on her foot. She had seen a Seguro Popular orthopedic surgeon and was scheduled for surgery. She asked me to come stay a few hours with her since I speak Spanish and it was their requirement that she have a companion. So I showed up and the surgeon had not yet arrived. They were having trouble getting her blood pressure. I stayed 2 or 3 hours and still no surgeon. So finally she told me to go home and she would call if she needed me. About two hours later I called her home where her friend was waiting for her, and I got her on the phone. I asked what are you doing home already and she said when they administered the sedative her blood pressure sky rocketed. The surgeon said they could not do it with her pressure over 200 so she was sent home.

She went to the SP cardiologist to see what is going on and turns out she has a heart problem, they did charge her some money for the Holter monitor test. She has returned to him and is on medication, but also got a second opinion from Dr. Brisena, another private cardiologist who confirmed the heart diagnosis.

So for now surgery is on hold, and thanks to the doctor who stopped the surgery she is still alive. There was some difficulty with her understanding the cardiologist since she doesn't speak Spanish. But otherwise she had excellent service.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2017 at 7:13 PM, AlanMexicali said:

As if you think Mexican government websites get updated regularly. It  actually is a Seguro Popular community hospital as stated in all of the news articles. Not clearly stated but considering who was at the opening and who was being quoted; one was the Federal director of the Secretaria de Salud and another was the federal commisioner of the Seguro Popular and other stated things like funded/invested money of the federal government etc.. Also it is written on the building itself.

You wrote: "It's a kind Civil Hospital but Seguro Popular accounts, you will be served and charges you only recovery costs, according to a tabulator," said the doctor."

This is a mistranslation and should read: "It's a kind of Civil Hospital if not Seguro Popular accounts [patients enrolled in the SP], you will be served and you will be charged only recovery costs, according to a tabulator," said the doctor."

This means this SP hospital is open to non members of the SP.

The clinic and the hospital were completed at the same time about 2 years ago.  If the community hospital is part of SP, it would have been added to the website at the same time the clinic was. Do you think SP is that incompetent? Odd that this hospital is so meaningful to you and you are not in the area. Why is it important to you for the hospital to be owned and manged by SP? It is manged by a doctor who does not work for SP. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joco said:

The clinic and the hospital were completed at the same time about 2 years ago.  If the community hospital is part of SP, it would have been added to the website at the same time the clinic was. Do you think SP is that incompetent? Odd that this hospital is so meaningful to you and you are not in the area. Why is it important to you for the hospital to be owned and manged by SP? It is manged by a doctor who does not work for SP. 

"Jocotepe Community Hospital starts operations

· This new hospital will be a close medical option for the inhabitants of the Ciénega region

The State Governor, Jorge Aristotle Sandoval Diaz, accompanied by the Secretary of Health of the Government of the Republic, Mercedes Juan López, gave the starter to the operations of the Community Hospital of Jocotepec, where he reiterated that health and prevention Of diseases are priorities for the State Executive.

Accompanied by the responsible medical staff, Sandoval Diaz said that this new hospital located in the Ciénega region represents the reduction of human losses, having a medical option nearby and guarantor of timely services.

"According to data from the National Health Information System, emphasis should be placed on prevention to reduce and control diseases such as diabetes mellitus and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, which is among the main causes of mortality among the population," he said. The head of the state executive.

The Governor emphasized that the services provided to the inhabitants of Jocotepec, and nearby municipalities should be human, immediate and professional treatment, privileging at all times the comprehensive care of citizens.

For its part, the Secretary of Health of the Government of the Republic said that in view of the high rates of chronic-degenerative and renal diseases, it is necessary to expand health prevention services.

The event was also attended by the municipal president of Jocotepec, Juan Francisco O'shea Cuevas; The secretary of Health in the entity, Jaime Agustín González Álvarez; And the National Commissioner of the Seguro Popular , Gabriel O'shea Cuevas.

So he said it

"The importance of the families of Jocotepec have a nearby medical center, where they receive timely care and permanent monitoring"

 
Jorge Aristotle Sandoval Díaz

Governor of the State of Jalisco

THE DATA

 
The Jocotepec Community Hospital has five offices for the External Area, Emergency area, diagnostic auxiliaries (X-ray and Mastograph), 18 census beds for hospitalization, nurses, general services, government area and a heliport."

https://jalisco.gob.mx/es/prensa/noticias/21943

http://info.jalisco.gob.mx/bsearch?b=El+Hospital+Comunitario+de+Jocotepec

http://ssj.jalisco.gob.mx/acerca/directorio/7811?return

 

These reports are posted on the Jalisco Government´s "Secretaria de Salud" website.

 I understand your inability to follow up what you state without any facts at all and like ignoring the facts I posted but will it ever occur to you you don´t need to post misinformation at all if you are not sure what is going on with this subject.

Director General, Dr.Julio César Moreno Flores of the hospital I´m almost certain didn´t tell you where his paychecks come from. He is a local to the área plastic surgeon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AlanMexicali said:

"Jocotepe Community Hospital starts operations

· This new hospital will be a close medical option for the inhabitants of the Ciénega region

The State Governor, Jorge Aristotle Sandoval Diaz, accompanied by the Secretary of Health of the Government of the Republic, Mercedes Juan López, gave the starter to the operations of the Community Hospital of Jocotepec, where he reiterated that health and prevention Of diseases are priorities for the State Executive.

Accompanied by the responsible medical staff, Sandoval Diaz said that this new hospital located in the Ciénega region represents the reduction of human losses, having a medical option nearby and guarantor of timely services.

"According to data from the National Health Information System, emphasis should be placed on prevention to reduce and control diseases such as diabetes mellitus and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, which is among the main causes of mortality among the population," he said. The head of the state executive.

The Governor emphasized that the services provided to the inhabitants of Jocotepec, and nearby municipalities should be human, immediate and professional treatment, privileging at all times the comprehensive care of citizens.

For its part, the Secretary of Health of the Government of the Republic said that in view of the high rates of chronic-degenerative and renal diseases, it is necessary to expand health prevention services.

The event was also attended by the municipal president of Jocotepec, Juan Francisco O'shea Cuevas; The secretary of Health in the entity, Jaime Agustín González Álvarez; And the National Commissioner of the Seguro Popular , Gabriel O'shea Cuevas.

So he said it

"The importance of the families of Jocotepec have a nearby medical center, where they receive timely care and permanent monitoring"

 
Jorge Aristotle Sandoval Díaz

Governor of the State of Jalisco

THE DATA

 
The Jocotepec Community Hospital has five offices for the External Area, Emergency area, diagnostic auxiliaries (X-ray and Mastograph), 18 census beds for hospitalization, nurses, general services, government area and a heliport."

https://jalisco.gob.mx/es/prensa/noticias/21943

http://info.jalisco.gob.mx/bsearch?b=El+Hospital+Comunitario+de+Jocotepec

http://ssj.jalisco.gob.mx/acerca/directorio/7811?return

 

These reports are posted on the Jalisco Government´s "Secretaria de Salud" website.

 I understand your inability to follow up what you state without any facts at all and like ignoring the facts I posted but will it ever occur to you you don´t need to post misinformation at all if you are not sure what is going on with this subject.

Director General, Dr.Julio César Moreno Flores of the hospital I´m almost certain didn´t tell you where his paychecks come from. He is a local to the área plastic surgeon.

I have more important things to do than debate this with you because first of all,  it isn't important.

People who have SP insurance can be treated for free or nearly free. People without SP are charged very little.

According to Mexicans who supposedly know those involved, the brother of the last president of Jocotepec was responsible for getting the hospital built, he is a doctor and he runs the hospital. I think he is the plastic surgeon. His brother the president provided the funds.

You aren't in this area but this is very important to you for some reason. The hospital does not have a pharmacy with the medicines you said all SP hospital pharmacies provide. Many prescriptions are filled by commercial pharmacies. It does have a sign for Mastograph,  but no machine. It has a sign for Sonogram,  but no equipment. It has a lab but most lab work is done at private labs. It is not the well equipped hospital you think it is. It is a limited community hospital. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...