Chapala.com Webboard

Adelitas

Argus

Went to Adelitas last Wednesday night. Disappointed. Although the website still advertises ALL our entrees at greatly reduced prices! Same portions, same quality, HUGE savings! ... this is NOT the case. Only a very few items were reduced. Also, prices have risen substantially. My Greek salad was devoid of feta cheese. And not many people there.

Great service. But disappointed. Website needs updating. You can't advertise something as ALL and not deliver. And when a restaurant starts scrimping on ingredients, while raising prices...

There HAS been some change.  The cost of the ribs has gone up.  I think the discounted price Tuesday for a half was 129 and the full rack, 169.  I was unfortunate enough to be in the wrong seat when a waiter dumped a tray with 6 glasses of water on me.  They were quick to apologize, pick up the broken glasses and clean up the table and floor but after sitting through dinner in wet clothes, I kind of expected to be comp'd a glass of wine if not my meal.  No such luck.  And I was reassuring to the embarrassed waiter that accidents happen and no permanent harm was done.

I am sorry that happened to you! And yes, I agree. You should have been comped at least the wine, and better, the meal. That would have left you with a good feeling, and been the classy thing to do. Restaurants sometimes forget they are a service industry.

I hope this isn't another place that has decided to make their business primarily one of selling noise and booze and dancing and not good food.  We have several of those in town already including one across the street from me.

Hopefully this is just an infrequent glitch in an otherwise very nice and classy place to dine.

We noticed the prices have gone up but the food has remained the same for us as well as the service.  I agree that a tray of spilled water glasses deserves a glass of wine or spirits to warm a person up!  Sometimes in these stressful situations the people involved in the mishap are thinking far from clearly and are so embarrassed they are just thinking about putting one foot in front of the other to get to the other side of the situation though.  As far as prices going up ... we are seeing that at a lot of the restaurants as gas prices are driving up the cost of delivery and just the cost of food it self is going up.  Still, it only takes a trip across the border to help us be thankful for the prices here. 

We went this past Monday and no more reduced price entrees. This and some of the earlier comments regarding changes has more to do with trying to bring supply in line with demand. It is high season here and they are overwhelmed. It is natural to raise prices to reign in demand. Simple economics of running a business.

In this case the poor restaurant has to decide how it will disappoint some of it's customers. They can keep prices low and disappoint some by making them wait in a long line or disappoint some by raising prices. The good news is in both cases the potential diners get to freely choose to go or not go.

1 hour ago, tomgates said:

Wednesday is a slow one for them, no music or specials, like Sunday. Both good nights to dine if you don't want music.

Check their website. It STILL says....ALL our entres at greatly reduced prices.... WEDNESDAY night was their biggest special night, and so many people came that you needed reservations.

Which is really silly since this is rapidly becoming a primary customer interface in Mexico.  It has long since been one in the U.S. and a restaurant that caters mainly to expats would definitely benefit from a good web site.

Also when considering who to list a house with, this should be a primary interview query.  They should be able to list and discuss all the RE websites that people are likely to use when looking for property in Mexico.  If not, move on.

Sorry, I thought the supper club with reduced prices was on Thurs but the website says Wed. Tues is rib night. We only go on Monday''s so maybe others can post updates on other days.

3 hours ago, tomgates said:

Sorry, I thought the supper club with reduced prices was on Thurs but the website says Wed. Tues is rib night. We only go on Monday''s so maybe others can post updates on other days.

You are correct about Thursdays! It's the Breakfast Club night. Wednesday was, or is according to the website, the huge reduction on ALL entres. Tues is rib night. ?

Archived