Chapala.com Webboard

Real Estate Listings

lobos

8 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

Truly, most people seem to have no concept how the business or the realtors, or the MLS actually works.

Well, I actually do know how the business works as I have worked very successfully as a realtor. 10 days and no photography until we complained?  Unacceptable!

It is up to the listing agent/broker to put the listing on the site.  Since the internet has become the #1 information resource for home buyers, one should expect their agent/broker to get it on as many sites, not just the local one, as soon as possible and appropriate.

The local MLS is pretty clunky but it does work.

1 hour ago, SmartTraveller said:

Well, I actually do know how the business works as I have worked very successfully as a realtor. 10 days and no photography until we complained?  Unacceptable!

You may not understand the process here.

1 hour ago, ComputerGuy said:

You may not understand the process here.

If you dont take any photos before 10 days are up, that is a problem regardless of location as the property is not going to be listed anywhere so it doesnt matter what the process is.  After the photos were actually taken, it was 3 days before they were online which is fine.  Also zero communication from realtor after listing, also unacceptable. My principal would have kicked our asses into next week if we had treated our clients/vendors like that.

Oh, I don't disagree at all. You are absolutely correct. However, you are expecting and assuming that north-of-the-border concepts are fully in use here, and they simply are not, particularly in key areas of the business. Agents here have to deal with infrastructure BS as much as buyers/sellers do; they just do not advertise those problems.

Smarttraveler may also be unaware that there is no regulation or licensing of real estate brokers, agents or agencies in Mexico.  Anyone can sell real estate; no training, no RE license, etc.  Then, there are the different processes used, which are quite different than in the USA.  The familiar office names are purchased to attract foreign buyers; nada mas.

I have been here a long time and i do know some realtors that are very conscientious and serve their clients well. Then then there are those that are retired folks and do RE between games of golf. The listing company of the property is one of those companies that takes forever to get anything done.

14 hours ago, SmartTraveller said:

I have referred to MLS often. Biggest turn off? 10 of the 12 pictures are of the outside, or same thing at different angles, pictures are real orange looking( who takes these?). Misinformation "( 1 floor and actually2). 

What other sites are there?

A lot of the photos are terrible. In a bedroom there is a photo of a bed. Who is buying a bed? In the search engine there is a keyword box. If you click  on the listing and find the name of the property and then search by that name is does not work. The whole thing needs a re-work. With the growing RE market here it does seem someone would get on board and find a way to remedy this mess.

23 hours ago, RVGRINGO said:

Smarttraveler may also be unaware that there is no regulation or licensing of real estate brokers, agents or agencies in Mexico.  Anyone can sell real estate; no training, no RE license, etc.  Then, there are the different processes used, which are quite different than in the USA.  The familiar office names are purchased to attract foreign buyers; nada mas.

I'm quite well aware of that.

Photos are the responsibility of the agent. The agent is responsible for getting information, photos, corrections and changes to the administrator of the MLS site in a timely fashion. After that, it is up to that person to implement.

On 2/1/2017 at 10:50 AM, RVGRINGO said:

Not only no regulation as RV said, but it is BUYER BEWARE, in caps, because there are none of the disclosures requiered as we were used to NOB.

Home inspections on some of the older properties are not very usefull since the owners are not about to let an inspector burrow into those walls or floors where most electrical and plumbing problems are hiding. Nevertheless, it's a good idea to have one done.

Archived