Chapala.com Webboard
peteben

larger items from Amazon

Has anyone ordered any 'larger' items from Amazon? I have had no problems with small electronic devices, but I am now thinking of ordering an automatic espresso machine (30 pounds). Interested in hearing of any experiences with similar items.

Thanks,

Pete

No problem at all.  Heavy duty deluxe hand cart and a large heavy parrot cage. 

We had a king size gel infused memory foam mattress topper delivered that weighed 35 pounds, no problem, no fees, from Amazon U.S. site.

We have had an 8' x 10' rug from Amazon US sent to American Ship in Laredo. They in turn sent it on to us, paying customs (16%) and a minor shipping fee... Amazon would not ship this product to Mexico. We are having Sears send a 66# Band Saw the same way... This is an excellent way to take advantage of US sales or receive items that US vendors will not ship...

1 minute ago, rvanparys said:

We have had an 8' x 10' rug from Amazon US sent to American Ship in Laredo. They in turn sent it on to us, paying customs (16%) and a minor shipping fee... Amazon would not ship this product to Mexico. We are having Sears send a 66# Band Saw the same way... This is an excellent way to take advantage of US sales or receive items that US vendors will not ship...

Do you have a website or contact info for American Ship?  I tried doing an advanced Google search for that name, but couldn't find anything like that.