Chapala.com Webboard

larger items from Amazon

peteben

Has anyone ordered any 'larger' items from Amazon? I have had no problems with small electronic devices, but I am now thinking of ordering an automatic espresso machine (30 pounds). Interested in hearing of any experiences with similar items.

Thanks,

Pete

We have had an 8' x 10' rug from Amazon US sent to American Ship in Laredo. They in turn sent it on to us, paying customs (16%) and a minor shipping fee... Amazon would not ship this product to Mexico. We are having Sears send a 66# Band Saw the same way... This is an excellent way to take advantage of US sales or receive items that US vendors will not ship...

1 minute ago, rvanparys said:

We have had an 8' x 10' rug from Amazon US sent to American Ship in Laredo. They in turn sent it on to us, paying customs (16%) and a minor shipping fee... Amazon would not ship this product to Mexico. We are having Sears send a 66# Band Saw the same way... This is an excellent way to take advantage of US sales or receive items that US vendors will not ship...

Do you have a website or contact info for American Ship?  I tried doing an advanced Google search for that name, but couldn't find anything like that.

Archived