Chapala.com Webboard

How to get a debtor to pay you in Mexico

Flora

Flora you have a problem that only can be resolved through the courts; surely you don't expect the answer from this board when you stated on a previous post that different lawyers have given you different answers.  Yours is a legal battle not a battle in the court of public opinion methinks.

Depends on many things, always get a pagare and guarantor and / or real property guarantee AND investigate the person prior to making a loan, remember they will tell you what you want to hear but you need to focus more on the return of your money than the return on your money. 

5 hours ago, El Cartero said:

Flora you have a problem that only can be resolved through the courts; surely you don't expect the answer from this board when you stated on a previous post that different lawyers have given you different answers.  Yours is a legal battle not a battle in the court of public opinion methinks.

Thanks. Just thought I might draw from others experience as the lawyers this far consulted are contradicted of each other 

I saw your other post and you have a seemingly complex situation.  There is a law to force people into bankruptcy but this case also smacks of fraud if someone has a US BK case and omits assets.  My office can help as we have litigation partners well versed in bankruptcies and you will need someone to push things and help them along from the US side to Mexico and back such as translations and someone to work with both legal teams if the property is worth it. 

It is currently in the Courts in Mexico with a lien being placed , the only problem is the bankrupt is ignoring all orders thus far from the bankruptcy trustee until a judicial order is handed down in Mexico and ignoring bankruptcy trustee in home country until this happens . This puts property at risk as the bankrupt will retaliate now if gains access 

I have already spent thousands of dollars in legal opinions , so I guess I just keep fighting it for resolution 

Archived